The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
chewiebarker

1971 K20 Rat Rod Resurrection

I decided to start my build thread. I can't promise that it will be updated on a weekly basis, or that my build will go at the amazing speed like some of the other builds I have followed along here but I will do my best to document everything I do and supply lots of pics and information in the process.

I hope that this build thread will document the struggles of a true rookie build yet encourage other people who, like me, might have always dreamed of doing something, like rebuilding a classic, but let fear of the unknown keep them from doing it. I literally have almost no experience as a mechanic or as a body guy. I virtually have none of the tools, or equipment I will likely need, and will have to learn everything there is to know from scratch - or from those of you on this forum willing to teach.

Ever since I was 10 years old, vacationing on the cape with my cousin Billy, reading Hot Rod and truck magazines, and picking all the wheel styles, lift kits, and bolt-ons that we would someday add to "our awesome trucks", to flipping the pages of Auto Trader as a teenager, just wishing I had the $1,500,or whatever, to buy one of those 'fixer uppers' and knowing that I didn't, I have now and again revisited those dreams.

I just couldn't let myself keep dreaming of doing something like this - again - and not chasing after it.

So here I go....

MY 'BUILD' THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=618915
chewiebarker is offline   Reply With Quote