The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #11
Walts_restoration
Real Projects never die

Re: Road experiences with imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Think I have the ultimate ricer-racer wanna-be story. Was hauling the truck home on an open trailer after the Truckin Nationals last year. At a stop light a (???) import with a big stupid aluminum wing and fart can exhaust was revving the crap out of this little 4banger wanting to race..... yeah,, race the tow vehicle pulling the truck on a trailer. I don't think I've laughed so hard this decade! Should have told him, "let me unhook the trailer and we'll go for it" . The little vortec TBI 383 in my 94 probably would have ate him alive.

Dads daily driver used to be a 55 chevy, 2 door 210 post. Black with white tops, super trix wheels. Either it or the white 55 with a black top he had the 64 corvette 327 engine in it that had been bored 30 over from his original drag car. Also had a floor shift 4 speed, im not sure what rears under the car.

one day him and a buddy roll up to a light, well the guy next to him had some nova or camaro and thought he was a big dog, reved his motor, etc. Dad just started a kamikaze scream and reved that ol' 327 to about 7k, that light goes green and dad gives it all shes got, One to two to three to four and just made this guys street car look like a grandma cruiser.

Well, the guy was really pissed afterwords because my dad had the trailer and full weight 68 camaro with an iron headed 454 and slicks on the back as he was going to the strip, so not only did the guy lose, but he lost to a car pulling a heavier car on the trailer

For pic whoring's sake.
the 55

the 68

My name tag says Ryan

KansasTwister On other forums
Walts_restoration is offline   Reply With Quote