The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #26
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Re: Want to see something mind-boggling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadSS View Post
It wasn't directly pointed at you. You just happened to be the unlucky person I quoted.

The post was more so pointed towards the original poster to posted those emblems as an insane price.
No problem.

I paid a little more for some aftermarket emblems I don't believe Chevrolet ever made in any configuration.

"Chevrolet 10"

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'30 Model A Pickup, suicide front end, 350, 350, traditional style hot rod.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #27
Gary66

This week has been a GREAT week to sell stuff on ebay~ some of my junk brought some BIG $$
Gary66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #28
f.monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadSS View Post
It wasn't directly pointed at you. You just happened to be the unlucky person I quoted.

The post was more so pointed towards the original poster to posted those emblems as an insane price.
I am the original poster and I do not see where I said they were insane . I do not think that the emblems went for a bad price. It was just that they were in the bunch I was watching . If the fact that I posted the link to the auction offends you ,get over it . Again I dont see what the problem with the post is .
Frank

Last edited by f.monroe; 11-25-2010 at 12:35 AM.
f.monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #29
bigblock73
yeller

A couple of you guys need to settle down. Anyone who has been here more than 5 minutes, especially on the 73-87 side knows Frank, and knows he was not bashing the prices. With that being said, Frank knows these trucks and parts like no other, and knows what these parts "typically" go for. All he is saying if I had to guess was "look at NOS prices, they seem to be climbing". I will go out on a limb and say this, with the exception of the emblems, those prices are indeed high and well above what similar parts have been going for in the past. Thank god I got my NOS parts somewhat recently, because I cannot afford those price tags. Door handles were avaialble from GM not too long ago, I got mine for $60 or so a piece...a bargain compared to those.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #30
48cj2a

I stand corrected - sorry
48 Willys CJ2A 48CJ2A
48cj2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #31
Da88burban
GM's 4 Life

It's messed up when door handles cost more than what I payed for my 88 suburban and it runs and drives. I'm just saying.
Da88burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #32
BIG V

It has to be someone driving the prices up i saw this a few years back on dana 60 parts. i parted out dana 60 front axles and mostly the same guy bought everything for crazy prices then 3 months later my stuff was on there again being sold by the same guy so i checked his feedback that's all he did buy and sell the same stuff used my pics and everything
1991 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x 4:56 and pulls great
1979 Chevy 1/2 ton long bed diesel
1974 Chevy crew cab short bed 3/4 ton 4x4 project
1991 Chevy suburban 2wd
1984 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x 6.5 detroit with turbo
1961 Chevy pickup 1/2 ton 2wd
1975 gmc crew cab short bed 2wd
BIG V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #33
carloscanales

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10Fan View Post
Me thinks he had a friend run up the bid and the friend ended up winning. Now he can advertise the parts at "half what the same thing sold for on eBay".

BTW....I thought the Bonanza 10 emblems were a good deal. Repo emblems sell for more than that.
i agree , i dont think a person even with huge pockets would pay that amount of money for that stuff!
carloscanales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #34
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

The gauge cluster lens is the most out there. $475 for a plain jane, 50-billion made cluster lens? it's not even a clock cluster lens... That's a NICE cylinder head right there! I want some of what they're smoking...
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #35
HOTFUN

I agree with Frank and Jeff totally. Hot and Cold decribes it perfectly. I can't believe the prices either (not the Bonanza emblems, yes those were the cold part of the equation here) but I have witnessed this type of crazyness for years on eBay. If you watch eBay this weekend there will be about three times of those types of NOS pieces listed back on there as I would do if I had some of that NOS stuff hoarded and could part with them.
Example 1 was the 73-87 NOS GM bed rail kits about 6 months ago. I saw a set bring about $1575 that I was bidding on! I listed one of my spare NOS sets as did about 2 others within the next two weeks. Mine sold for $975, another sold for $1300 something and I remember seeing that same original guy that sold the $1575 set relist his from a no sale. It brought a high price too but nothing near his first listing sale. I can justify a somewhat crazy price on a rare accessory part for that last detail to finish off a perfect original survivor or highly restored truck. But come on, a plastic dash lens or even the door handles is a bit extravagent in my opinion for if not the vast NOS still out there still perfect original pieces that are everywhere even from low mileage take offs since millions of these truck all had them. You got to remember these bowtie parts were from a vast bread and butter worldwide used trucks produced from 73-91 and not some rare 1967 Camaro SS 396 hood insert part selling here.

Second example was NOS 64-67 original GM pickup fawn armrests. I had about 8 of these stashed that I had about $25 a piece in over the years. I saw a set of these on eBay two years ago bring $325! I threw my set on the next day and it brought $310 or so and then I sold a second set immediately with a buy it now at $295. Listed a third set and it brought $250. In the last year I haven't seen a pair sell for over $80. I even have bought some more NOS off there for $30 a piece. Hot and cold is right, you just got to be there when it's hot to sell and catch the "got to have it people" with the cash. The next problem is the people locally who have parts who then use this for the new "price line basis" in that one piece that sold for that on eBay price. Just like the Barrett Jackson bid price effects on the rest of the worlds cars. Well it takes time to bring the price back to what the quantity out there becomes apparent, the demand, and what the economy will bear. Or just how many crazy people can afford to have to have it! Ebay is an interesting place to buy and sell with millions of people from all walks of life connected by their computer for a single item. Mark
'72 Cheyenne Super K20 project
'73 Sierra swb 4x4 frame off in paint stage
'74 Cheyenne Super swb w/16k actual
'71 & 72 Cheyenne K10 4x4 swb's
'70 426 HEMICUDA conv SHAKER 4 sp Dana 60
'60 Impala conv 327 PG fac ac loaded 3rd owner
'72 GMC K2500 4x4
'59 Apache CST BBW fleetside swb 283
'73 ElCamino SS LS1 T56 true SS bucket tach
'76 ElCamino SS 52k survivor
'87 Grand National 41k True 2nd to last built in 1987.
'86 K30 454 SRW fleetside CA since new
'88 Trans Am GTA 39k bought new
2018 DEMON plum crazy @ 840HP! "Need for speed"

Last edited by HOTFUN; 11-25-2010 at 11:09 AM.
HOTFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #36
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast67velleN2O View Post
What's wrong with someone wanting to purchase pristine NOS GM parts for the truck that they are restoring? If you can afford to spend the money, then why not? I don't see why you are knocking the guys who purchased the parts. Reproduction parts are junk and never fit correctly, don't look correct, and are cheaply made. By the way, I am the seller.
There is nothing wrong with your sales. Clearly you hit a home run with some very nice NOS parts. The fact remains that the buyer paid WAY above market price. Theres nothing wrong with that either, but its still a fact that surprises us that know what these parts sell for.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 11-25-2010 at 11:06 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #37
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

I'm not saying ANYTHING about the seller. If I could sell my stuff for that much, No question I would... No Question.

I'm just surprised how much they sold for. I honestly don't think squarebodies are worth that kind of money. I love em, I've never had a truck that wasn't a squarebody, but they're too dirt common to be worth that much, and stuff like that ruins the market for the people who don't live in Wayne Manor. People watch too much Barrett-Jackson. Yes the trucks with lots of new engineered parts like the bag setups or lifts or monster engines and big rims and such make the truck worth more, but its the parts on the truck, not the truck itself that brings in the extra $$.

I've been noticing around here the junky trucks aren't priced lower than $2000 anymore. I've been looking for a rusty beater to play with in the woods and just beat up on, but I guess it'll be a while, because they are so expensive, and I'm holding out for a squarebody.

Last edited by 78 Chevyrado; 11-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #38
Greenlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by baclay9 View Post
Holy crap! I have a gauge bezel just like that in absolutly pristine condition. I can't believe there are people paying this much for this stuff. Why not just buy them off a truck that is being parted out if you want original?
I was thinking the same think when I saw that. I bought an entire truck for $700 with a bezel that is flawless. However, it's getting harder and harder to find bezels that haven't been cut for a newer radio.

I didn't think good door handles were that hard to find. Same with the plastic piece of over the gauges. If I restored my truck at those prices I would probably have over 50k in it!
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #39
gregg72340

I readthis en tire post so far and the one thing no one has said so far is repo or NOS............this stuff is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Yes repo stuff is out there but quality is questionable and Nos stuff is drying up, but hey if the seller can put it on ebay and get above market for it then more power to him, its how our financial system works, so to each is own, I dont think its good to beat on the seller for getting as much as he can just because he got more than what the market has bein bearing lately. Just my honest opinion, if it was a fair auction and it finished at that bid than hey he was the lucky one on ebay this week, and its like everything else what comes around goes around
Old 11-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #40
D.FENS

The seller definitely had a good day with his sales. And if the buyer thinks he got a deal, or at least was willing to pay big bucks for NOS parts, then good for him too.

Glad I decided to leave my crewcab in it's original "patina" instead of trying to restore it to showroom condition.
D.FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #41
f.monroe

I wasnt trying to bash the buyers or the seller. I have been both. I was lucky enough to have a couple bidders go against each other several years ago and I loved it . I am personally glad that the items went for high dollar since the seller is a member here . I am always glad for a seller that gets good prices.
To those of you that think the bidding was run up intentionally I think you are wrong .You dont run your own item up . Reason 1 , you would run the risk of not having a real bidder over bid the shill bid. Reason 2 ,ebay takes their money no matter the bid situation and there are some good sellers fees in the 5 items above . Reason 3 ,If you have two bidders wanting the same thing , you dont get in their way . You can read above where I commended the seller on a true "No Reserve " auction . He took a gamble that the market place would dictate the price and had perfect timing . I imagine the next bezel will bring around $375. One of the bidders is out now and the other guy may be the only high bidder on the next one . Thats why Ebay is hot and cold . To the guy that thought I was bashing him for the emblems(1badSS), I am sorry for my above comment about getting over it . I reacted to what I thought was criticism just as you did . Had I taken more time to think I wouldnt have reacted. I actually think you bought those over half off of what it would have cost from a dealer when they were available. That is why I led with the cheaper items and went to the mind-boggling part . I was not intending to insult the seller either . As stated above he listed them without reserves so he could have sold them for way under market price just as well. Worked out well . There are also a couple of comments about more money than brains in regards to the buyer of some of the high dollar items. I do not think that is accurate either . I will defend the buyer also . He has obviously made some great life decisions that enable him to buy what he wants when he finds or needs it. He is probably a large contributor to our economy in many ways and we need that . Being able to buy the right part for your passion is admirable. We should all be honored that his passion seems to come in the form of a square body just like ours. Sorry about the long response but I felt appologies to some were in order and I wanted to get it out there .
Frank

Last edited by f.monroe; 11-25-2010 at 05:52 PM.
f.monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #42
79gmcclassic

Freshly lowered 5 inches

79gmcclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #43
rblcori7

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
WOW!!! that is unbelievable!! i better stop throwing stuff away and/or cutting stuff up and save what i can!!!!

I would totaly agree with you there

2011 Silverado LTZ
rblcori7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #44
69subaru360

The total of the 2nd-5th auctions would have bought my entire truck. All of those parts are nice on mine too. Guess I got the rest of the truck free. Kind of blows my mind.

Then again about 10 years ago I sold the bumper guards off my 66 Nova for almost a grand on ebay.
69subaru360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #45
SBTork
Garage wrench

That last one has to be a complete joke, I know it's not but I am completely shocked by it. The part number listed in the auction is a good number but it has been superceeded to a new number that's still available from GM for a LIST price of $270.60. I understand the "finish" on the new gm ones have a slight copper tint to them over the stock OEM ones, or at least that's what i've heard, but almost a grand leaves me with my jaw on the floor........still.

BUT, I would've bought those "bonanza 10" emblems for the price they went for, those seemed cheap to me.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....

Last edited by SBTork; 11-26-2010 at 04:50 AM.
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote