The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #401
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Silver Dollar

Everyone else is excited about #6, but the angle is wrong for my liking. Too much side, not enough front. The angles on 1 and 4 are better and show off more of the truck. Having said that, 4 is too busy for the little thumbnail you get, so 1 is the only logical choice as far as I'm concerned. 6 to me looks like every other eBay sell-it-quick driveway shot I've ever seen and it doesn't grab my eye nearly as much as one of the more front-on shots.

Whatever you choose, good luck this time around!

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #402
gearheads78

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Everyone else is excited about #6, but the angle is wrong for my liking. Too much side, not enough front. The angles on 1 and 4 are better and show off more of the truck. Having said that, 4 is too busy for the little thumbnail you get, so 1 is the only logical choice as far as I'm concerned. 6 to me looks like every other eBay sell-it-quick driveway shot I've ever seen and it doesn't grab my eye nearly as much as one of the more front-on shots.

Whatever you choose, good luck this time around!
Thats why I said 1 or 6. 1 is my first choice for the exact reasons you mentioned.
gearheads78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #403
thor

I actually like #1 the best. I love the shot from the ground. My second choice would be #6. I think in the body of your ad you could put pics #3 & 4 just cause they are cool, but like others have said, they are too busy for the lead pic (the one that gets peeps to click on your ad).

Good luck!

thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #404
litew8

For me, looking to buy something - I want to see the product.
The more the better. #6 does that better than the others imo.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #405
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
For me, looking to buy something - I want to see the product.
The more the better. #6 does that better than the others imo.
Just out of curiosity, what can you see in #6 besides the top of the hood that you can't see in #1? In #1 I get a good idea of how wide the tires are. I get a great shot down the side of the truck with reflections that show off the straight body. I can tell it has a tubular trailing arm rear suspension rather than stock TA or leaf springs. I don't get any of that in #6, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #406
VA72C10
VA72C10

The reason I prefer 6 over 1 is because it'll be a thumbnail...and in a small picture it will look like there is a lot of wheel gap because of the angle the picture was taken with and imho the tubular trailing arms will look like an exhaust pipe hanging down in a small picture....
Old 09-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #407
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
The reason I prefer 6 over 1 is because it'll be a thumbnail...and in a small picture it will look like there is a lot of wheel gap because of the angle the picture was taken with and imho the tubular trailing arms will look like an exhaust pipe hanging down in a small picture....
Here's what each will look like as a 64x64 thumbnail on eBay.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #408
VA72C10
VA72C10

I do see your point there....I do think if he cropped 6 better (take out the driveway) I think it would look better than it does....but picture 1 does look better to me in that thumbnail as is and you should/could also crop that one to show more truck than background....

...and either way should pay the extra couple bucks for the enlarging of the picture on the main page...
Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #409
thor

Quote:
Here's what each will look like as a 64x64 thumbnail on eBay.
Strong work! Personally, I'm still liking #1 the best. Thanks for the thumbnail comparo.

thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #410
stealthy '69
'69 Chevy SWB

Personally, I'd go with #'s 1, 3, or 4. The truck looks great by the way. Now I just need to go back and read the entire thread.

'69 Chevy SWB Fleet, Primer Black; Project No Name
'06 Chevy Trailblazer, Blueish Silver?; Wifes DD, Sold
'08 Chevy Impala SS, Silver; the new DD, AND IT IS FUN!!!
'99 Dodge Dakota R/T, Intense Blue; DD, Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The tig welds are not the prettiest i have seen but they do have good penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.
stealthy '69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #411
litew8

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what can you see in #6 besides the top of the hood that you can't see in #1? In #1 I get a good idea of how wide the tires are. I get a great shot down the side of the truck with reflections that show off the straight body. I can tell it has a tubular trailing arm rear suspension rather than stock TA or leaf springs. I don't get any of that in #6, but maybe I'm overlooking something.
I don't see straight (or smooth) body lines in number 1. I see waviness due to the reflection of trees in the background.
And I agree with VA72C10. Crop the driveway out and pay the extra to have the thumbnail enlarge on mouse-over.

Last edited by litew8; 09-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.
litew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #412
mrhino
Account Suspended

some interesting debating going on. Awesome! See thats my problem. I like each one for different reasons. The refections in the truck are just that. but to someone who never seen the truck might think they are imperfections. like in number five. The refections make it look terrible. I loved that photo when I first saw it. but I never really noticed the white Durango in the side of my truck untill i hadn't looked at it in a while.

you guys mention cropping the driveway out. what do you guys think of this one.

mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #413
stealthy '69
'69 Chevy SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post

That just might be the one. All I know is, I seem to be saving a lot of pics from this thread to my photobucket.

'69 Chevy SWB Fleet, Primer Black; Project No Name
'06 Chevy Trailblazer, Blueish Silver?; Wifes DD, Sold
'08 Chevy Impala SS, Silver; the new DD, AND IT IS FUN!!!
'99 Dodge Dakota R/T, Intense Blue; DD, Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The tig welds are not the prettiest i have seen but they do have good penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.
stealthy '69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #414
Slowtruk

number 6 is an all around better photo hands down. You see the truck for what it is, no bs to make the body look bad like it does in the rest. Its just straight beautiful truck.

Honestly if I were searching with that kind of money, I'd judge the truck by more than just one pic
1961 c-10 Apache short fleet
2005 Chevy Suburban LT
2012 Hyundai Sonata
Slowtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #415
VA72C10
VA72C10

I think the new one you posted is the winner! I'd post 1 ,4 and 6 also in the ad as well as a ton of others...as well as a link to this build thread.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #416
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowtruk View Post
no bs to make the body look bad like it does in the rest.
I'd pay someone $5K right now to make my truck's body look that "bad."

Old 09-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #417
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Quote:
some interesting debating going on. Awesome! See thats my problem. I like each one for different reasons. The refections in the truck are just that. but to someone who never seen the truck might think they are imperfections. like in number five. The refections make it look terrible. I loved that photo when I first saw it. but I never really noticed the white Durango in the side of my truck untill i hadn't looked at it in a while.

Sure wish you hadn't pointed out the Durango -- never noticed it until now, and now I can't not notice it!

The cropping on the second one is much better, but if you could give me just a little bit more background on the left it would be perfect. Cropped just a little too close to the front end.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #418
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
number 6 is an all around better photo hands down. You see the truck for what it is, no bs to make the body look bad like it does in the rest. Its just straight beautiful truck.

Honestly if I were searching with that kind of money, I'd judge the truck by more than just one pic
I planned on having more pics in the auction. just looking for the right one to draw peoples attention in to the page

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
I think the new one you posted is the winner! I'd post 1 ,4 and 6 also in the ad as well as a ton of others...as well as a link to this build thread.
I planned on putting those in along with about 25 others that show more close ups and the underside

Quote:
Hum 5K huh!

Quote:
Sure wish you hadn't pointed out the Durango -- never noticed it until now, and now I can't not notice it!

I know sorry! it took me about three weeks to see it. and it was on my desk top, and my cell phone.

I will post my description later and let you guys dissect it. it really has been helpful thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #419
Slowtruk

Quote:
blah blah yes I know your mind is made up by all your posts in here, but you know exactly what I meant. No need for silly smilies we are all grown men here

To the op, beautiful truck, I have been loosely following since you were installing the glass. or at least ordering it. Curious is this your first build or do you have previous experience?
1961 c-10 Apache short fleet
2005 Chevy Suburban LT
2012 Hyundai Sonata
Slowtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #420
litew8

Quote:

Before

After

No, no. You did something to it that makes it different in a bad way. Too close up now. Not even the same picture! I'll crop and post it here for you if you don't have editing software.

Last edited by litew8; 09-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.
litew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #421
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
To the op, beautiful truck, I have been loosely following since you were installing the glass. or at least ordering it. Curious is this your first build or do you have previous experience?
Iv had a a couple of trucks and Camaros in the past years. and rebuilt, customized, and tweaked on variuos ones to get them where i was happy with them. but this is the second one I completely restored ( first was a red Iroc). This truck is the first one I have documented with a build thread and the first one Iv ever painted all myself. I have a my wifes project truck. and when I start. the next project truck. I will start build threads for those and you guys can come along for the ride.

I think if you visit my profile you can see most of my previous trucks and cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
No, no. You did something to it that makes it different in a bad way. Too close up now. Not even the same picture! I'll crop and post it here for you if you don't have editing software.
Good eye! Your right its not the same picture. its just another on I took that day. I can rework the the first. just havn't done it yet. I spent the whole evening writing the description. and its only a paragraph long. ill let you guys read it tonight. I figured the build thread covers the whole build it might as well cover the selling process and eventual the sale as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #422
mrhino
Account Suspended

as promised here is the description i worked up.

My first auction was overwhelming with info. and the last one had almost none. this time i was thinking of making it a little more personal. talk about the truck as if i was standing in front of you. tell me what you think. if theirs something i should add or take out.

looking for a classic truck? Do you want one that stands apart from the ordinary? I thought so. My Name is Mike and this is my very special Short bed Chevy pickup.. Classic trucks are my hobby and passion. This one is now finished, and I’m looking forward to the next one.

Is reliability and fuel economy are important to you? How does a modern computer controlled LS engine and a 4L60E 4speed automatic transmission sound? The 5.3l LS based engine is clearly the most technologically advanced pushrod V8 engine GM has ever produced, offers great power, durability, simplicity, and upgradeability. let me tell you that engine is at home in this truck. it runs great and has plenty of power. A added bonus is it gets 21 mpg on the hwy. Check out the Tubular cross-members & trailing arms picture #2 and #7. aside from adding rigidity and strength. They provide passage for the exhaust to be routed through, not under, like stock. If you notice that's why you can't see the exhaust. (nice clean lines) These trailing arms are also fully adjustable and are designed to eliminate suspension concerns when lowering a stock 1967-1972 truck. They feature a greaseable spherical joint for a smooth comfortable ride. plus they look kick ass! Of coarse I don't need to tell you the benefits of having 4 wheel disc brakes, Fuel tank relocated from the inside of the cab, new steering and suspension components, new wire harness, Auto dimming, mirror, new chrome, lights, new weather-sripping, all new glass, and windshield. everything else you would expect from a completely restored truck.

I have a family, and we enjoy piling in and going to the local drive inn or "flavor freeze" for a ice cream cone it is a real treat. and having that bench seat sure makes it easy. At this point the truck does not have A/C. However, before you say "Ah I cant have a truck without air-conditioning". It can be added. I can ad it. and probably cheaper than you might think. Now I would have to say my Favorite part of this truck is defenity those beautiful Classic Instrument gauges.... for me it just pulls everything together for a nice clean classy interior. I get almost as many compliments on the interior as I do on the exterior. The finish is a Brilliant! Silver/gray fine metallic base coat clear from House of kolor. The rust free body was taken to bare metal. Southern Polyurethane primers and clear were used, for that show car quality and unmatched gloss depth and clarity. As you can see within the first three photos, the paint changes depending on the light. it really is a cool effect. especially in the sun, the metallic just dances. Something photos just cant express. Obviously there is a lot more to this truck than I can write in this ad. Lots of time and effort went into this truck to make it relieable and easy to drive. Take a good look at all the pictures. If by the end I've gotten your attention and your wondering what it would be like to own this baby! Then you should call me! Don't wait till the auction is over. its a great deal at $25,500 To be completely honest, to have this truck professionally built at a restoration shop it would probably cost almost twice that much. but because I built it at home, in my spare time, with no overhead, and I don't count my labor. I'm able to save you thousands. So if you like what you see and have any question or would like to make a offer. Call Me 574-215-7380. I would consider partial trade for a 67-72 chevy project truck.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #423
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Here's some changes in your text I would suggest:

Quote:

Looking for a classic truck? Do you want one that stands apart from the ordinary? I thought so. My name is Mike and this is my very special short bed Chevy pickup. Classic trucks are my hobby and passion. This one is now finished, and I’m looking forward to the next one.

Is reliability and fuel economy important to you? How does a modern computer controlled LS engine and a 4L60E 4speed automatic transmission sound? The 5.3L LS based engine is clearly the most technologically advanced pushrod V8 engine GM has ever produced, as it offers great power, durability, simplicity, and upgrade-ability. Let me tell you that engine is at home in this truck. An added bonus is it gets 21 mpg on the hwy.

Check out the Tubular cross-members & trailing arms picture #2 and #7. Aside from adding rigidity and strength, they provide passage for the exhaust to be routed through, not under, like stock for added clearance and nice clean lines. These trailing arms are also fully adjustable and are designed to eliminate suspension concerns when lowering a stock 1967-1972 truck. They feature a greaseable spherical joint for a smooth comfortable ride, plus they look kick ass!

Additionally it offers the benefits of having 4 wheel disc brakes, fuel tank relocated from the inside of the cab, new steering and suspension components, new wire harness, auto dimming mirror, new chrome, lights, new weather-sripping, all new glass, and windshield. It offers everything you would expect from a completely restored truck.

I have a family, and we enjoy piling in and going to the local drive inn or "flavor freeze" for a ice cream cone it is a real treat. and having that bench seat sure makes it easy. At this point the truck does not have A/C. However, before you say "Ah I cant have a truck without air-conditioning". It can be added. I can ad it. and probably cheaper than you might think.

I would have to say my favorite part of this truck is definitely those beautiful Classic Instrument gauges.... for me it just pulls everything together for a nice clean classy interior. I get almost as many compliments on the interior as I do on the exterior. The rust free body was taken to bare metal and finished in is a brilliant silver/gray fine metallic base coat clear from House of Kolor. Southern Polyurethane primers and clear were used, for that show car quality and unmatched gloss, depth and clarity. As you can see within the first three photos, the paint changes depending on the light. It really is a cool effect, especially in the sun, the metallic just dances. Something photos just cant express. Obviously there is a lot more to this truck than I can write in this ad. Lots of time and effort went into this truck to make it reliable and easy to drive. Take a good look at all the pictures. If by the end I've gotten your attention and your wondering what it would be like to own this baby then you should call me! Don't wait till the auction is over.

Its a great deal at $25,500 To be completely honest, to have this truck professionally built at a restoration shop it would probably cost almost twice that much. but because I built it at home, in my spare time, with no overhead, and I don't count my labor. I'm able to save you thousands. So if you like what you see and have any question or would like to make a offer. Call Me 574-215-7380. I would consider partial trade for a 67-72 Chevy project truck.
I've bought a lot of vehicles sight unseen. I like what you've done, but when I'm clicking through dozens of ads, it helps to get salient facts quickly - especially when using mobile devices. What I like is bullet points of the major things that it offers, an admission of what it needs, and lots of close up pictures. I like pics that are clear and up close. Nearly anything looks good from 10 or 20 feet away. Take some shots down the sides to show how straight is is. Put it up on a lift so people can see the craftsmanship underneath. Show how much tread is on the tires.

More pics, the better. Good luck!
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #424
litew8

Bullet-points are good. Also, spelling is key. And, use 2 spaces after each period!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 AM   #425
litew8

yes to zoomin also - on breaking up your context into manageable blocks (or read paragraphs). I'd add, begin & maintain paragraphs according to a relative description. Keep them 7 lines (depending on area width) max., then start another descriptive paragraph. Keep it clean with simple abbreviations.