The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2023, 12:29 PM   #1
lkt1954

Old Install-69 C10

I'm in the process installing an old air hurricane 7211-F (which is their universal fit unit). I have smoothed the firewall.
In their instructions- they deal with the rear exit of the lines from the evaporator and this unit is a side vent. Not to knock Old Air, but their instruction sheets leave a little bit to be desired.
My question here is- has anyone installed this type unit in a 67-72 C10?
If so do you have any pictures you could share on installation of the evaporator and where you brought the lines through the firewall and routing to the evaporator?
Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be, but I don't want to mess up a finished firewall.

Thanks
lkt1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:23 PM   #2
lkt1954

Re: Old Install-69 C10

Update- we got it installed today. Had to take a BFH to the roll on under the dash next to the fresh air vent to get enough room for one of the a/c lines.
The lines will have to run through the fresh air vent and out the firewall. The plan now is to run one line for each through the firewall and to where they connect. Not planning on using the bulk head connector supplied- drill holes and rubber grommet them.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:31 PM   #3
dmjlambert

It would be fun to see pictures of your journey on this.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:02 PM   #4
lkt1954

Here are some pictures of where I'm at on the A/C install. The floors, back of the cab and the firewall all have flatline barrier installed and the floor will get a layer of double sided insulated foil.
As you can see in the red circle i used a BFH to dimple it for clearance and I think it needs a little more. The A/C line fitting just touches and I think it needs another appointment with the BFH to get maybe 1/4" more clearance. I used some left over spark plug wire clamps as a spacer between the unit and bracket to get a little more clearance on the fittings.
I plan on running the lines out the bottom of the fresh air box and up the contour of the inner fender. A/C lines between the inner and outer fender and the heater line on the top of the inner fender to their locations. Planning on going with one length of lines - measure, crimp fittings and feed them from the evaporator to where they terminate. Hopefully I can make thisw work.
Attached Images