The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
chris mc bride

Re: looking for info on quality audio w/o braking bank

OK now back to english guys compressed media digital media sounds like greek to me.
Now the head unit , amps and quality speaker I'm with you.Give ma cd player,lots of wattage for speakers and Im good to go can tune to suit after that.
My dis[play design requires differant size amps for effect Im after.While not stuck on Alpine name I do have one already and getting another to match plus smaller size will work great problem getting one to match the older one. I will be installing bass limiters ,unless someone can tell me how to keep from blowing speakers w/o them.Last set of speaker I bought came with deal that for 20 bucks you had 3 years unlimited warranty.Bad move on there part after 7 sets they decided to give me bass limiters worked great for speakers,Hey ZZ TOP has ton of bass in their stuff.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
WAAF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mc bride View Post
. I will be installing bass limiters ,unless someone can tell me how to keep from blowing speakers w/o them.Last set of speaker.

this is just an idea.. there are tons of these and the sky the limit on there cost..
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1616XSG...ay.html?tp=117

or
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20603KX...X3.html?tp=117

these take the lows out before they get to the amps.. alllowing them to work easier.. and will sound a kell of alot better than the inline bass blockers
good luck,,

and Jimmiedean your running a server in your truck?
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
jimmydean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAAF View Post
and Jimmiedean your running a server in your truck?
No server, but I could. Just a 7" tablet and some solid state storage. My truck is well in range of my wifi router in the driveway, so I will be able to transfer files with my desktop. I won't keep a ton of stuff local, but I can plug in a removable USB drive if I want to pack on the entertainment.

Considering the stereo cost less than my seats/carpet/upholstery, I feel like I am doing all right. Since I am doing all the fabrication and install, it only costs me time and hardware.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
WAAF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydean View Post
No server, but I could. Just a 7" tablet and some solid state storage. My truck is well in range of my wifi router in the driveway, so I will be able to transfer files with my desktop. I won't keep a ton of stuff local, but I can plug in a removable USB drive if I want to pack on the entertainment.

Considering the stereo cost less than my seats/carpet/upholstery, I feel like I am doing all right. Since I am doing all the fabrication and install, it only costs me time and hardware.
ya, I just bought a new dell laptop and for a c note got a notebook with some crazy 720 gig drive.. can't wait to load it up....

and to the O/P you might want to rethink the i pod thing.. most new radios already have the ubs port and a 160 gig ipod holds most people whole c/d,album collection.. I put off getting one ill this year.. and it is much better than carry'n around a bunch of c/d's best 180.00 I've spent in a long time, untill the c note notebook HA.
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote