The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2021, 12:47 PM   #1
daveshilling

GMC Pontiac V8 guys, which radiator hoses?

Some of you may have a cool auto parts store nearby that lets you peruse the available stock, old hose in hand, looking for a good match.

I do not have that cool store. My store is incompetent.

Anyone with a GMC and a Pontiac V8 want to share some part #'s for their upper and lower radiator hoses? I want to replace my old tired ones before I reinstall the radiator assembly.

Also The maintenance manual says there were rubber pads and a spring loaded u-bolt used to install these radiator shrouds.. mine had individual bolts and no pads. Anyone have pics of the original setup with the u-bolt and such? GMC reference material is not as easy to come by.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:55 PM   #2
daveshilling

Re: GMC Pontiac V8 guys, which radiator hoses?

Updates on this: I found someone at O'Reilly today who was down to take the time and find matching hoses, and I found two excellent matches.

Upper Radiator Hose: Gates 20046
Lower Radiator Hose: Gates 20475
Old 08-20-2021, 08:16 PM   #3
Dan in Pasadena

Glad you found what you needed and especially thnks for posting parts numbers fr future searches. You’re helping out guys on the forum.

I was going to suggest: Why don’t you remove yours and take them with you to the auto parts store? SHOW the incompetents what you’re looking for. Yeah, I know you shouldn’t have to do that but when dealing with imbeciles sometimes you have to go the extra mile.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #4
daveshilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Glad you found what you needed and especially thnks for posting parts numbers fr future searches. You’re helping out guys on the forum.

I was going to suggest: Why don’t you remove yours and take them with you to the auto parts store? SHOW the incompetents what you’re looking for. Yeah, I know you shouldn’t have to do that but when dealing with imbeciles sometimes you have to go the extra mile.
Thats exactly what I did, I just had to drive farther out of the way to a different store so the person would actually help match mine to something in their stock.

I hope this does help a future GMC enthusiast, information (and parts) for the GMC's seems to be tough to find! There isn't an assembly manual out there either.