The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 73-87

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
HOGDADDY

Vent window install - helpful tip

I just installed a pass. side nos vent window and figured out a easy way to do it.

1. I had to install the lock lever first and this is easier than it seems just don't over think it. It is a very simple lock design.

Pay close attention to how the 2 gaskets go in place. They kinda fit inside each other.
I removed one old one from another vent window by driving out the roll pin carefully with a small nail and hammer and re-installed on new vent window.

Also, put the window in first by getting the rear roller in the round spot in track then slide glass back until fromt one lines up with round spot in track. Now your ready for vent frame.

The nos vent window only has 1 screw at top and 1 on the diagonal because later model Suburban's are the same unlike pickups that
have 2 on the diagonal.
I may try and put a second on it because I now have an unused hole or cover hole.
I also have a Suburban driver's door that only has 1 screw.

Take some 3/8" rope and make a clove hitch at top around vent window and door and put another near bottom of vent window and door.

These knots when pulled tight will hold the vent window in place and allow you to pull it tight against door frame and as your doing this go around vent window pulling out rubber weatherstrip inside/outside where it goes.
Take you time and slowly work it in place until top screw lines up.

Put the top screw in first it is hardest to line up seems then front screw and finally the bolt in inside of door.

The driver's side went in without having to pull it in place and it was not nos but original to the door.
Closed Thread