The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2021, 12:36 PM   #26
Just call me Sean

Re: New addition

I like how the red dashboards don't disintegrate like the other colors. I used fiberglass cloth and resin to put mine back together.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 12:48 PM   #27
Boog
laying low

Do you think color has anything to do with how it holds up to the sun? I've not paid any attention to which colors crack more than others. I just assumed the difference in how the dashes hold up was a difference in the plastic used to manufacture them. This truck has spent the last 25+ years parked outside and yet there are no dash cracks. Maybe the window tint helped to preserve the cloth interior but it's not limo tint.
The dash in our 09 Yukon is cracked terrible. It's dark gray.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #28
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Hey thanks. It does have those panels. I'm not a fan of them though.
I guess you're kinda 'stuck' with them, unless you want to do some paint work. I just want to know when ya gonna slammitontwennyfohzLSXit? Twice pipes??

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:50 PM   #29
Just call me Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Do you think color has anything to do with how it holds up to the sun? I've not paid any attention to which colors crack more than others. I just assumed the difference in how the dashes hold up was a difference in the plastic used to manufacture them. This truck has spent the last 25+ years parked outside and yet there are no dash cracks. Maybe the window tint helped to preserve the cloth interior but it's not limo tint.
The dash in our 09 Yukon is cracked terrible. It's dark gray.
The red dashboards I see are usually near perfect. My mother has an '89 and the red dash is nice. My '99 has gray and it doesn't have a top anymore. I patched the gray one in my '93 and I have a cover that looks like the dash. That's cardboard underneath for the missing pieces. The blue ones crumble too.
Attached Images

Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:05 PM   #30
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I guess you're kinda 'stuck' with them, unless you want to do some paint work. I just want to know when ya gonna slammitontwennyfohzLSXit? Twice pipes??
I'm a bit skeered of pulling them off for fear of messing up the paint behind them. And if a guy DID pull them off and needed to put them back on but bent up the originals, are they available some place? I don't believe I have ever seen them advertised.
Me slamminitontwentities? Ain't gonna happen bro. I don't do twenties and I don't do slammed. I do however have a nice set of 80's truck rallys blasted and ready for paint that I have been saving just for one of these 88-98 trucks. I think they'll look just fine on this truck.
Twice pipes? I am planning to do something there. The stock muffler with twin tail pipes exit out the right side and has a nice rumble to it so I may just put twin pipes straight out the back with nice tips. I don't need anything loud enough to make a drone noise in the cab.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:09 PM   #31
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The only time I have ever heard the term "twice pipes" was in one of the Cheech & Chong movies Up in Smoke, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:33 PM   #32
Getter-Done

Very Nice truck.
Glad your keeping it in the family.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:26 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

I was just funnin'. I like the rallye idea. That's what I'd do. Same with the tailpipes. I'm a "go retro" kinda guy. I 'have to' drive more modern trucks but what I like is older ones from older days. I like to do the same things to take them back a bit.

I guess Florida is hard on the plastic. My '95 with blue interior has a good dash. It lived in Georgia till '15. My '92 (lt beige) was perfect in '14 when I sold it. That red cloth interior is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
The only time I have ever heard the term "twice pipes" was in one of the Cheech & Chong movies Up in Smoke, maybe?
Yep, Cheech said it there! That movie did a lot to spread the lowrider thing to the rest of us. That might have been the first time I heard it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:13 AM   #34
Rich84

Come on Ice Cream!!!

Always remember that line for some reason.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:38 AM   #35
Boog
laying low

I'm a bit out of the loop. I've seen a few clips of C&C movies but I've never watched one. I did buy one of their first comedy albums and probably still have it.
Up in smoke?

Old 11-23-2021, 02:29 PM   #36
LT7A

I picked it up from hearing Cheech and Chong's Santa Claus and His Old Lady sketch on the radio. Talking about the sleigh: twice pipes, lowered-to-the-ground...
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #37
LONGHAIR

We have a classic rock radio station here that still plays that around Christmas time.

Also, tomorrow is the day for Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant". They play it twice on Thanksgiving Day. 9am and noon
It's because of the lyrics. It starts out talking about "Three years ago on Thanksgiving....or three Thanksgivings ago...."

Quote:
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #38
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
We have a classic rock radio station here that still plays that around Christmas time.

Also, tomorrow is the day for Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant". They play it twice on Thanksgiving Day. 9am and noon
It's because of the lyrics. It starts out talking about "Three years ago on Thanksgiving....or three Thanksgivings ago...."

I spent my share of time on the Group "W" Bench.... They found out my nickname was "Lunatic" when I was a kid....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:57 AM   #39
LONGHAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I spent my share of time on the Group "W" Bench.... They found out my nickname was "Lunatic" when I was a kid....

LockDoc
"What are you in for?".....Litterin' and creating a nuisance

Quote: