The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Redden05

68 C10 Shortbed Fleetside

This is my project truck. Its been over a year and half since I have really done anything to it except prime the doors. I have a ton of stuff for this project and I don't want to part it out. This truck has most of the metal work done to it other than finishing the body work. The front half is primed along with the tailgate and the front bed panel. New body pieces include hood, complete one piece floor, front bed panel, rear bumper, radiator support, battery tray, and new inner fenders left & right. All of the rest of the body is original pieces which in my experience are better than the aftermarket pieces. The bed is from Maryland and is not rusted at all, but has several dents across the top from what I can figure it was used as a work truck at one time. The tailgate is from arizona and is completely rust free, straight, and primed. The cab has a one piece floor in it with new rockers, cab corners and etc. The roof was also rusted and has been replaced. It is primed. The bottom inside of the passenger door has been replaced and has a new door skin on it. The drivers door is rust free but has a small dent at the top and is also primed . The drive-train is a 305 V8 (currently, but will be taken out) with a NV 3500 5 Speed manual transmission behind it. It also has a hydraulic clutch. I have a 68 327 that I was going to put in it when I got back to working on it. The 327 comes with it, the 305 does not. The 327 runs good, but needs to have the older brackets because the heads do not have the accessory mounting holes. It would need a different flywheel. It has power steering and it has been converted to 5 lug power disc brakes (disc front drum rear) with all new ball joints. It has new gas shocks all around. It has a 12 bolt rear end with 4:10 gears. It also has leaf springs in the rear with 2 inch drop shackles and brand new bushings in the leafs. I have a brand new 4 core radiator, along with a V8 2WD fan shroud. I have a floor shift non tilt column to go with the 5 speed on the floor. The fuel tank has been removed from the cab and the hole has been welded shut. I have a bunch of stuff for the interior, but i do not have a seat cover or dash pad. I have new door panels, carpet (high hump), door handles, window cranks, Non AC glove box, Lower door carpet, 67 arm rests, stainless door sill plates with the bowties on them, Brake/Clutch Pedal pads, Door handle controls, rear view mirror bracket, and an Ignition bezel. I have a new weatherstrip kit and your choice of chrome vent windows or black. I have brand new marker lights for the front (they are complete assemblies). Here is a list of the other new parts I have:
-New Original style antenna
-Original style stainless wiper blades
-Lower HD Radiator Retainers
-71-72 Sport Mirrors
-Hood Bumpers
-Inner fender nuts
-Heater box and fuse block gaskets
-Hood to cowl seal with screws
-grill trim hoop moulding clips
-Outside door handles
-License Plate bracket and light
-Rear bumper brackets
-Non AC heater core
-5 inch Sport Comp Monster Tach with Shift Light
-LED Tail lights
-11 inch clutch
-Brake master cylinder
-Polyurethane Cab mounts with stainless bolts
-Dome Light
I have the original front windshield and rear window. The wheels are 15x7 inch stamped steelies that come with newer 5 lug center caps with the threaded lug nuts you would need to install them. I will throw in a good TH350 long tailshaft transmission if you would like it. I have all the parts and pieces to put this back together. And probably a bunch more stuff. I would like to get $6,700 for all of this stuff. I know it sounds like a lot, but there is a bunch of new stuff and a lot of the work is already done! Just the bedsides and the inside of the bed needs to be finished! If you want I can transport this within a 100 mile radius of where I live which is Montgomery, PA 17752. Please ask any questions here that you might have. Thanks!

The pictures are the best I can get as of now...

Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
70LonghornCST

Re: 68 C10 Shortbed Fleetside

Nice project for someone.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
Old 02-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
leddzepp

Re: 68 C10 Shortbed Fleetside

Since this truck is NOT being parted out, please post it for sale in the "Trucks for Sale" section, located here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ndex.php?cat=8

Thank you.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Closed Thread