The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork > Detailing

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
storked82

Putting in a head linner and a little customizing

HI GUYS

I decide to put a head linner in my truck It didnot come out with one orig
A friend of my is very good at things like this We wraped the head linner and the trim all in black viynal looks real good and made a custom box to go under the window the prob Im haveing now is inside the cab where in curves trying to find something to make that bend with out breaking and strong to hold some 6x9s I was going to use thin plexi glass and just cover it but that wount bend without breaking I will have pictures of what the inside looked like before and after man that head linner is sucking up the glue LOL

Have a good weekend guys

Jeff Main
storked82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Mudder

Re: Putting in a head linner and a little customizing

Fiberglass? My body man made some door panels that hold 6x9's out of fiberglass and they came out really nice.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
storked82

Hey Mudder

You have any pictures? I just finished my head liner ect yesturday It has been raining ect here and I wanted to waiet until it warmed back up some but its done now just need to do some little detail to it

Take Care

Jeff M
Old 10-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Mudder

I don't have any pictures and I was just down tere last week. not sure when I will be going back. These were door panels. The thing nice about fiberlass is you can form it anyway you want and it is pretty strong.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
skyreep1

Yea kik panels, and anything with a curve I use fiverglass.

On my old 71 (sold no pics) I made a headliner via fiberglass and even put a din in it for a 4 inch radio/dvd player. Easy as pie makin those curves and I just used TONS of industrial velcro to hold it up so that when time to sell came it just peeled right out.

I also make all my boxes, and such with fiberglass. Super easy on small prject like this.

What'd you use to make your headliner? I didnt think there was anything but fiberglass. in other words, what did you put the vinyl on? not straight on the metal did you?

Nuttin wrong with that, Im just curious

Last edited by skyreep1; 10-24-2009 at 09:39 PM.
skyreep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
storked82

Hi Guys

Well for the head liner I did some cheating LOL my truck didnot come out with one org so what I did was went to a junk yard and found a truck like mine that did come out with one and took it out along with all the trim and wraped all of it in black viynal Let me tell you it took some work to get the viynal to lay right ect I sanded all the trim down ect so the glue would stick I used 3M trim spray glue It soaked it up I then took a old sheet of paneling and coverd it black to go under the back window And for the curves in the corners I had a hard time finding something that would bend to make that curve So what I used was the plastic Big for sale signs LOL and glued to of them together to get the right thickness It worked I coverd them in black was well It turned out awsome My wife could not beleave it was the same truck I still have a few little Touch up things I want to add to really set it off As far as fiberglass gos I have never ever worked with it I was told its really easy to make boxes ect I dont know if I trust myself to try it LOL I would need someone to walk me Trew It I would like to try it one time do you have any Pictures

Take care

Jeff Main