The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
BarnfindC10

Exclamation Beware of the lies Nlped aka Walt blue C10

I just wasted 30 hrs on the road and 2 days of my life for this liar(and a 1000 between diesel and rentals) I contacted him about a 68 c10 he owns named Walt. I asked if he was interested in selling he said sure. We make arrangements for sale on Sunday to happen tues night. I rent a truck,trailer and get 14,000 cash and hit the road. Only thing he had to do was get truck in his driveway,porterbuilt suspension parts rounded up from being painted and disc brake kit. Well make a long story short he started playing games about he couldn't get ahold of body shop that had parts when I was 140 miles away. Get to his house truck is laying with junk all over it and no suspension. His story was the owners of body shop were at Disney world(imthink Ed was at disney land)Weird he said he contacted them Monday and had time set up Tuesday to pickup parts. I looked at truck(told me it only had rust in rockers. Well that was a lie. Truck had rust in outer door skins,lip of hood,header panel on box,etc)I was sick but just had drove 15 hrs straight to buy this blue truck. I figured I could deal with the rust so I told him I would pay him for truck and parts he actually had in his possesion(which were none). He looked at me and said give me the 14k and I will just send you the parts. I asked if he even had pics of the stuff and he had none(which is weird he is a huge picture poster of all his stuff) was tryin to screw me around after I drove 30hrs. He also scammed member mike Cofield out of parts he promised and never received. He also strung a guy along about a purchasing a truck I see on members feedback. I can promose you if i had a deal with a guy that was driving 15hrs one way to buy a truck and parts for 14k imwould have all parts and truck ready to go.
People like this ruin it for the honest guys. Avoid his day dreaming dilusional games.
BarnfindC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
nlped

Re: Beware of the lies Nlped aka Walt blue C10

Okay, let me begin by addressing the untruths in this post...

1) I did not say "sure"...I said no I'm not really interested in selling, but for a price everything is for sale. That I wouldn't just sell the truck because I have well over $10k in parts already aquired for the build, so it would have to be a package deal.

2) The "arrangement" were him telling me on Sunday that he would be in Alabama on Tuesday to get everything. We had spoken on the phone the Saturday prior about possibly doing the deal this week, but no definitive date. I explained to him that since he wanted to go ahead with the deal, I would have to round up some of the suspension parts (at the painters shop). Monday afternoon when I got off work I went by the shop...locked up tight, made quite a few phone calls trying to locate Brandon or Brian (the 2 brothers that own the shop) and finally got in touch with there dad. He explained that they had closed the shop this week and were at Disney World with their families. I called "Barnfind" to explain the situation and that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to have the parts by tomorrow but that I was going to leave work early on Tuesday and try to meet the dad to get into the shop so I could retrieve the parts. The dad didn't meet me, I got in touch with one of the brother's and they basically told me "sorry, but no way to get them this week". I called "Barnfind" to tell him the situation...yes, he was on his way and 180 miles out, but he knew that getting the parts were in contention.

3) Junk all over it??? The ONLY thing in or on the truck were the 4 hubcaps, 2 original outside mirrors and a box of interior pieces laying in the seat, and in the bed was a spare wheel/tire and an extra hood hinge...That's IT.

4) No suspension...see #2... I did have the PB exo mounts & air tanks here, the PB upper & lower control arms here, the McGaughy 13" brake kits here. Just not the dropmembers & related parts and the frame rails which were in paint jail.

5) Rust... I told him about the rockers after the deal was struck, but days before his departure from home, because I hadn't really paid it any attention because I wasn't ever going to restore the truck, but I didn't want to misrepresent the truck. No rust in the outer door skins, lip of the hood. There was a small spot of rust on the lower inner structure of the passenger door that I admit I didn't spot previously. The header panel...If he hadn't been such a know it all and would have listened and looked around, there was another header panel laying on the '70 model behind him that was for Walt that would allow the switch to a wooden bed floor, so that make this issue mute.

6) He never asked for any pictures... And as far as pictures go for the PB parts in question, there are pictures posted in my '70 GMC build thread of them and he had already seen them I'm quite sure... If he wanted to see any of the parts I had here at the house I would have gladly shown them, but he NEVER asked too.

7) Mike Cofield, really? He got exactly what he paid for, actually considerably more, but that is for another day... and the other member...read that entire thread and look back through his past dealings, he has hx of jacking people around and then whining that he didn't get his way. You guys deserve each other...

8) "I can promose you if i had a deal with a guy that was driving 15hrs one way to buy a truck and parts for 14k imwould have all parts and truck ready to go"... I was allotted 2 business days. I have a job that demands 8hrs of every business day. I left work early one of those days in an attempt to round up the PB parts, but cannot control everyones lives. I tried more than a few times to get this deal slowed down. Assuring him that I wasn't actively trying to sell Walt, nor would I be and that he could wait until the weather cleared up, he could get back from his cruise (wait...it's okay for him to travel, but not my painter???) and whatever else, but he had to have it now. His impatients and inability to wait until everything could be gathered in one spot bit him in the a$$...

Now, lets get to my side of the story. Before he even walked around Walt, he started showing me pictures of other trucks he had found...1 in Atlanta for instance, and I quickly reminded him that I didn't need or want to sell Walt and that Atlanta was only a 2hour drive from my driveway. Bad taste was already developing in my mouth...

After he checked out the truck he told me how he the purchase was going to go (Really!?!?, this is my truck and I'm the seller!! I thought to myself) He'd pay for the truck and have a buddy come back next week to get the other parts and pay for them then. My response, "I don't know you from Adam's housecat, and I'm not going to be stuck with all of the other pieces without a truck to put them on"...and I'm quite sure that is what would have happen. After some more back and forth I did tell him deal was off and he left ranting that he was going to get me thrown off the board...

"People like this ruin it for the honest guys"??? Who has been dishonest on this board? Not I! Whose truck is that in your "build thread"? Not yours...right???

I don't appologize for not going through with this transaction for one moment and I don't feel like I've done anything wrong or misrepresented myself or MY truck.

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha

Last edited by nlped; 01-10-2015 at 12:50 PM.
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
BarnfindC10

Yup I just drove 15hrs to see your 365 day a year yard sale?? Don t think so. Its ok karma happens for a reason and I am pretty sure someday you are goin to cross paths with that person. I was not that person as I was given a heads up and just like a card game your hand started to come together the closer I got to your junk yard. Enjoy your time good luck in you future builds can't wait to see the pics!!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Without facts, this will simply continue as a he said she said. We will consider this resolved at this point in time.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #5
nlped

Hmmmm...rather than addressing the issue at hand you begin with cut downs... Your character is revealed

Thank you Liz

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #6
BarnfindC10

Facts were listed had a deal for 14k. Showed up as agreed and truck was there, he says brakes and air tanks and brackets(never saw them). He wanted me to leave 14k with him take truck and he would send me the parts. Well since he couldn't get his story straight about where parts were I was not goin to leave him 14k and hope I get my parts. Bottom line I stood up to my part of deal see him tues at 5pm. The rest can be argued all day. My character is revealed stuck to my word. You on the other hand fell short on your end. Like LIZ stated this deal is done
Old 01-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Facts need to be backed up. I am not trying to be ugly you or him. What you posted are your version of the facts. What he posted are his version of the facts. Somewhere in the middle of that lies the actual facts. If you had email or such that could back them up it would be different, but as said yall are doing he said she said at this point.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote