The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #11
ChrisDollins

Re: My 66 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic67 View Post
I know you lowered the drop 2/4 but If at all possible could you elaborate as to what was done in front & back, Tire sizes would be a great help too. I just purchased a 1966 C10 and I'm going for that exact look, that info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
No problem, but there are a ton of trucks on the board that are nicer than mine!

On the front I used '79 BBC suburban ball joints in the original '66 a-arms. Attached the '79 spindles to that with '79 tie-rods and center link to the '79 steering box attached to the frame with CaptainFab's bracket. Used '79 rotors and calipers for the front, as well as the metering/proportioning valve. The booster and master cylinder are from a 95ish C10. I made my own lines which are in dire need of rerouting and cleaning up. The power steering pump was a factory one taken from a 70's blazer I believe with a 250 I-6. The factory steering shaft had to be cut down to attach with captain fab's adapter for the rag joint. Front springs are 2.5" lowering springs, unsure of brand. Rear is all factory with 4" lowering springs from same brand I do not remember. I haven't installed the adjustable track bar yet, and my drivers tire rubs a little in hard turns. Wheel and tire sizes are: Front 225/75-15 on a 15x6; Rear 275/60-15 on a 15x8 with a spacer since the backspacing is incorrect. Sorry, I don't know the backspacing on the wheels, it has been too long. Hopefully that will help ya. Anything else, let me know!

Have fun with the truck!
ChrisDollins is offline   Reply With Quote