The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2002, 05:12 PM   #26
MikeB

jmanz69 -- I'm in the minority with you. Even though my garage is at the back of the house, I still keep my truck out of sight or covered when it's torn apart. I couldn't handle living in a neighborhood with half-finished cars sitting on the streets and driveways. Not only does it look bad, it brings the property values down. Same goes for wheels, tires, and body parts all over the place. But then again, I also like quiet exhausts.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 06:18 PM   #27
nu2-72

Reminds me that Kansas City International Raceway and Savannah Motor Speedway are in jepordy of being rezoned and closed because one person built a nice house next to each track. And then another house next to those. Now all the houses don't like the noise and the people. It was a friggin track when they moved in. Let them move. Or, be more understanding and tolerent of others.
As far as not buying my place if the neighbors had junk, I guess you have never been to Andrew, Co., Mo. Junkyard capitol of the world. Just not my place.
Also if you read the original post, HJ was told it was OK and also told he could have a garage. Then they changed things. He is not a scrap dealer. Just a person trying to live within the rules if someone would just explain the rules.
He now has a garage so it was a temporary thing anyway. He blew off some steam. I've done that a few times myself.
Good luck HJ.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
nu2-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 08:16 PM   #28
Crank

Okay, i just moved from with my mom(trailor park) to with my grandparents(subdivision) and my neighbors in the trailor park had cars that were in their driveways that didn't run and no one complained. Now we have 4 cars in our driveway that all run and my neighbors ***** and moan because we have too many vehicles. A dodge ram 3500, dodge ram 1500, thunderbird, and a f150 4x4. Not to mention the truck im gonna be buying soon. I think now the thing is envy. Maybe here people are jealous because 2 people in house drive and we have 4 cars(well we have an astro, but it is at my aunt's house) and they only have 2 cars with 3 people that drive. Well I'm gonna have to break the rules and work on one of our trucks as soon as i get one; in the backyard, on the patio. But first I gotta build the motor and get old enough to drive. But hey, I guess I gotta get a truck together and run open headers off of it in the driveway at about 4:00 in the evening and see how many cops come to my house. Hehehe. I think when i grow up and get a place Im gonna weld ford hoods together as a fence(you know as not to ruin and bowtie hoods) and leave them rusty and different colors and see how everyone likes it, hehehehehehe.
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote