The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2002, 12:08 PM   #26
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

I wonder if different factorys or different people writing up these Option sheets sometimes listed as much as they could that the truck has on the sheet and other times listed barely anything even though the truck had the options. And still whats up with the different codes for the options?
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 10:25 PM   #27
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

race, red interior weith white exterior is different, usually was blue or saddle interior with white,

lmao @ XXL ! very odd having NO PAINT typeset on there, hmmmmmm.... wonder whats up with that, someone at GM must been having bad day or horrible memory, as 521 is always white, alot of trucks were white in these years. thats just wierd..

Gee_Emm your plate is damned interesting! i wonder what that second set of digits in VIN blank is for, do they match last of the VIN code or anything on the truck ? 85991 ? mileage stamp ?hmmmm..... and SE blank ive never known what is for on these, I have never seen any code ever typed into that blank before on any plate except yours, its not special order code, cuz that was always typed in the list of options along with everything else. it kinda looks like an engine stamping code, but are too many digits at the end, so hmmm.,,, Some trucks have all 6 digits of the option code typed like that and some trucks only have the main 3 digits like as found in the GM dealer option data books that customers chose options from and saw descriptions of options in back then those years,. not sure why there is the extra three digits for anyways, dont know what they mean, only the second-fourth digits are important and make up the RPO code such as G80 posi axle or G70 optional leaf type rear suspension

Rhino, no, C20 HD springs are not rated as high as std equipment C30 springs,

Jeff, seen yours in person, hehe

Bob, i cant explain your truck, oyurs is an oddball, probably the biggest oddball truck in existence, i probably would not have done anything to the truck whatsoever until learned what in the heck the truck was used for before you got it,.... im sure we would all love to know what the heck is up with the truck.. theres got to be some GM guy still alive somewhere who would know this and inform us,. you should take pics of that around to old dealers stil running nowadays and see what you can find out from the old timers that have been around selling vehicles when these were new. you need to knock off the first and fifth and sixth digits to get the base RPO codes, 904, 909, 912, 958, 905, 907, 914, 910, 640, etc are the oddball ones, never knew permanent antifreeze existed in 1969 yet,. hmmm.... and tag unit, sound slike could have been a military tag truck, the tag trucks are the pickups with the batteries mounted in the bed and have large jumper plugs mounte don the bed rails for jumping all the trucks when they need it, or could just be tag unit as in explanation of tag mounted on glovebox doorm who knows,,,, why GM would have listed that on the door is anyones guess, thats not GM factory stuff, so,,,,

woodrow, you have a very very interesting interior- beige interior- never seen that one beofre on 67-72 listed yet, uncommon, what doe sit say in WB blank ? all i see is IN, you have a 68 longhorn, so it owld be 133 in there originally, or the typsetter screwed up, one or the other, do you have pics of your 68 longhorn ? yours must be the fourth one known to exist so far
a white one in a rodeo out west- theres a pic of it on the net with it in a rodeo ring
a gold white 50th in cali- came from chicago area,
a light blue one- not running, conoverbandit got pics of it where he is at i think in NC or SC, and then yours apparently,.

Dave,m thats first time ive seen 3.73 optionally ordered on 67-72 truck, reason someone did that was because with 4 speed and 350 it woild have came with 3.07 even though 3.73 always was std equipment on all 6 years of these trucks. someobody purposely wanted 3.73 and not 3.07 that would have been in it had they not opted for 3,73 instead, and posi to boot !
001 special paint, now thats interesting too ! what color is the truck ? and what(if anything) is typed into the SE blank ?

Big71 has a normal typical everyday in appearance equipment service id plate, thats what they most usually look like, and Jeff;s and jason's are normal ones also., and XXL's except he doesnt have anything listed, lol
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 10:39 PM   #28
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Hey Randy...his will be #6 of the '68 Longhorns going onto my site.
Link to tant page... http://www.longhorntrucks.freeservers.com/photo5.html
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:14 PM   #29
toms68cst

I might as well join the band wagon. Nothing really very rare. I'll see If I can upload a picture
Attached Images

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:54 PM   #30
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

Fast, the 859911 is the last digits in my serial number according to my reciept when I bought the truck. My truck is covered right now and its raining so I didnt go see what it says on the door pillar vin but I would assume that when I bought the truck thats where the serial number was taken from. I dont know why they were stamped like that, I always thought that was strange myself. It doesnt really make sense. I had never even noticed that my SE part was filled in but now that I see everyone elses is blank I kinda feel out of place:p

Could all of this stuff have to do with the fact that my truck is a Canadian?

Actually if you look at Woodrow59's his is kinda screwy like mine, written in wheelbase and the last numbers in the vin in different type.

Lets see some more of these things ppl!!!!!!!!!!!
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 10:38 PM   #31
racedvl
Account Suspended

I am thinking some day I would like to return my truck back to factory with the red interior.
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote