The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
jbjburbs

1985 Suburban Scottdale

So I've been on the forum for a while posting about a few other trucks of mine like my Dad's (now Mom's) 48 Suburban and a string of OBS projects I've had over the years. I've put a picture or 2 of my square on here, but never really made a post about it. Here it goes:

Bought the 1985 Suburban in Aug of 2015 with about 106k miles after finding it on Craigslist. An original Ohio truck with only 2 previous owners (one of them for about 2 weeks) with no obvious rust. Stock 350 with upgraded TH400 installed. Being a Scottsdale it had rubber floors, no power options, and limited interior plastics. But all 3 rows were there and pretty clean.

Over the 1st winter I lowered the burb with CPP 2.5" spindles, 2" springs, and a flip kit for a 4.5/6" drop. I quickly learned why the truck had air shocks in the rear as the leafs sagged ALOT. For a quick fix I put in a cheap add-a-leaf kit and rolled with it. I also did some routine maintenance and ended up with long tube headers and custom exhaust. I also slapped some 20s on the truck and rollled that way until the next winter...

Next 'off-season' I worked on the interior. New sound deadener and radio/speakers all around. The headliner was recovered front to back while all the plastics were re-dyed blue. I raided another burb for all the rear plastics and I made up the lower panels and had them covered so behind the 2nd row wasn't just sheet metal. I put in new carpet and recovered for the front bench before a new dash pad was finally installed.

Then the vent window seals were howling, so I replaced those (still howls, but a lot less). I did a lot of other seals and felt on the front doors and tailgate while I was at it. Then before another 'nice weather season' I bought new 22s with tires and put some helper bags on the rear. Which gets me to where the truck sits today..
Attached Images

Dad's 1948 Suburban -
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=563150

Bagged 1995 Suburban - SOLD
Bodied 1995 Tahoe -SOLD
jbjburbs is offline   Reply With Quote