The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2024, 10:15 AM   #1
adf5565

Fuse/Relay Block Recommendations

I have an 85 K30 that started life as an M1008 and since my purchase has gone through some changes (6.5TD, new trans, comfort improvements, etc.). As part of this I've added a few additional electrical circuits for items such as radio, trailer brake controller, fuel filter heater, fuel pump, etc. Depending on load/need these were typically wired to their own relay or to the 12V block near the glow plug relay with its own fuse.

I've come to a point where I still have a few additional items to add (cab lights, exterior light bar, etc.) but want a cleaner solution for power supply with fuse and relay management. There seems to be countless options for fuse / relay blocks online, however I have not yet installed one of these items so am looking for some feedback.

I need a few circuits that only require a fuse, and a few others that use a relay. And it would be really nice if some of the fused power sources could be set up to only be "on" with the ignition or even lights. I believe I could buy a few separate "blocks" and set up each as desired above, but has anyone else installed something like this and what did you do? Or if I'm missing something and there is a much better option that I'm not considering feel free to chime in.
adf5565 is offline   Reply With Quote