The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #676
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Re: Where are the 1 tons?

Just recently picked up this 69 C/30 133" wb , good running 307 & 4 speed with the factory installed flatbed.
Attached Images

Last edited by BLAZERMAN; 05-13-2021 at 11:51 AM.
BLAZERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #677
kwmech

Surprised I haven't posted my 69 here yet---still have some welding on the bed to finish that up and still have to install some side boxes
Attached Images

kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:38 PM   #678
Sheepdip

Picked up the grandkidz at the bus stop today, Otis and I waiting for mom to get home from work.
Attached Images

Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:01 PM   #679
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Looks like a nice C30 Rob. Whats the plans?

Here is the one I traded Kingsolver out of. I use it almost daily. It's a great running truck....

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:19 AM   #680
special-K
Special Order

Everybody has one but me . Nice batch of trucks here. Rob, great find on that one. Looks real original.

Old pictures but I want to join in. This thread is ancient, so refresher time on two I had. The '70 was a Winnebago I bought as cab & chassis and built it to run my siding business out of. This picture is it on it's last job after being retirement, looking haggard. I had the mirrors chromed, but I let them go once it was sitting. I ran it five years. The wrecker I never did much with other than put better mirrors on, correct round GM tail lamps on the wrecker boom, and put a Cheyenne interior in with 88-98 steering wheel. I took it to local cruise-ins and shows. I wanted to do an aged door lettering "Ol' 40 Garage" on it, but never did
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-15-2021 at 10:38 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:34 PM   #681
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Looks like a nice C30 Rob. Whats the plans?

Here is the one I traded Kingsolver out of. I use it almost daily. It's a great running truck....

LockDoc
Leon, I remember when he had that truck for sale. It sure is a beauty! You did a great right up on your Nv4500 conversion, I have it bookmarked in case I want to go that route. Ill bet it really helps in making it a daily driver.
My plans are to convert this one to 4x4, been looking for a 133" wb C/30 for awhile now. Most I have come across are the 157" model.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:36 PM   #682
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN View Post
Leon, I remember when he had that truck for sale. It sure is a beauty! You did a great right up on your Nv4500 conversion, I have it bookmarked in case I want to go that route. Ill bet it really helps in making it a daily driver.
My plans are to convert this one to 4x4, been looking for a 133" wb C/30 for awhile now. Most I have come across are the 157" model.
Why dont you just shorten up the frame from a 157" to 133"?

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #683
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Everybody has one but me . Nice batch of trucks here. Rob, great find on that one. Looks real original.

Old pictures but I want to join in. This thread is ancient, so refresher time on two I had. The '70 was a Winnebago I bought as cab & chassis and built it to run my siding business out of. This picture is it on it's last job after being retirement, looking haggard. I had the mirrors chromed, but I let them go once it was sitting. I ran it five years. The wrecker I never did much with other than put better mirrors on, correct round GM tail lamps on the wrecker boom, and put a Cheyenne interior in with 88-98 steering wheel. I took it to local cruise-ins and shows. I wanted to do an aged door lettering "Ol' 40 Garage" on it, but never did

Tim, this truck had a cab chsnge, thsts why there are no cab lights. They kept the original vin plate and glove box lid with it. I like the 69/70 Saddle color it was and the fact it came with the stake platform option.

I love that siding truck of yours and Ill bet it was a.pretty good deal even back in the day? It made a nice billboard for your company. Could you imagine walking into your GM dealership these days and outfitting a truck that size for your business!
Old 05-16-2021, 06:47 PM   #684
special-K
Special Order

Notice the red wrecker has no cab lights? It had the cab swapped, too. I never did get to putting cab lights on it. That one was fixed up pretty nice at one time. It had holes in the bed floor where stacks had been run. I liked it's aged look. Those are the same chrome Budds I had on the siding truck. Those fit right in with it.

The '70 must have been a cheap Winnebago model with no pass-thru. I paid about $3000 for that utility bed in '88. I'd hate to see what it would be now. I had been doing business with the truck body/equipment place for some time. They knew me as the guy with old trucks. I had them paint and install that one and they seemed to get a kick out of it. Took fabbing brackets up front for the drop in the frame.

The reason I stopped using it was it seemed law enforcement was tightening up on commercial trucks in general and State Police put a weigh & inspection station on I-70 between home and where my work was. I had county mounties pulling me over for driving through residential areas (where I was doing siding work) wanting to see my PM book, thinking it was a medium duty, telling me the registered GVW was too low, etc. It was a great calling card but it also drew that attention. I sold the utility bed and traded it for the wrecker

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote