The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
RamAirZ

My new 67' 4WD project!!

Hey guys, I'm new to the site so thought I'd show you my new project! Well I'm moving to Minnesota in June with my wife and figured I needed to pick up a 4x4 for those snowy winters (seeing as I sold my old truck, sniff sniff). Well i got an awesome deal on this 1967 Chevy pickup, factory 4WD, SM420 4-spd manual with rockwell 221 transfer case. It has a 350 in it now with edelbrock carb/intake/waterpump, HEI and longtubes. Dana 44 front and 12bolt rear. It's got a small suspension lift on it and he had 35's (as seen in a few of the pics) but he wanted to keep those so he slapped on the original rally wheels with 33's. Here are my plans for once we move (already got wife approval).

Swap in 6.0 LQ4 engine with LS6 intake and camaro accessories (plan on building it later but will run stock rotating assembly for now)
LS6 cam or LPE GT7 (haven't decided yet, could aso be torquer v.2 with 115lsa)
Custom twin turbo setup (either using 84-85 turbo coupe turbos or twin 60-1)
I'll be keeping the SM420 trans (it's heavy duty and will be fun with the granny low gears hahahahaha)
Rear fuel tank conversion
restore the interior with a few added touches (billet glove box door, ashtray, restored gauge cluster with white faces, autometer gauge setup in glovebox for the fuel press/airfuel/tach etc, I want the interior to look mostly original aside from the billet dress up and steering wheel)
refresh the wood bed
fix the small rust spots and two-tone paint (sunset orange and black, possibly red pearl/black)
restore the rally wheels (powdercoat black) and install chrome trim rings and center caps
slap 35x12.50 tires on it
Roll pan(maybe new factory chrome bumper, what do you think?), side body exit exhaust
custom driveshafts, upgrade axle shafts/gears
and put a nice stereo in it to replace that glovebox speaker haha

It's going to be fun and I can do it pretty cheap (stretch the use of the word) for how I'm going to run it. I'll probably drop the motor in stock and get all the bugs worked out then mod it as I go, I'm also debating stroking the small block that's in here and throwing a TPI setup (hi-flow version) on top for some good stump pulling power. Here are some pics!!

Last edited by RamAirZ; 03-25-2008 at 10:24 PM.
RamAirZ is offline   Reply With Quote