The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
vegas80step

Dusted off the old tools... (Sub box build) 1980 stepper

So I priced a few places for a sub box behind my seat.. got a $1000 bid and a few $800's
Might be fair, but more than I was gonna pay.. So the old tools got dusted off..

This is my first (so take it easy, master box builders.. lol...) sub box build and behind these seats are kinda of a pain...

But I had help...

I cut 4 dividers and wanted to make sure the were all the same, so I sanded them at one time to make sure they were all even..

It's hard to tell but I added a second piece of wood in side the amp rack at an angle up to fill the void and point the Amp up a little..

I still have to fiberglass a frame for the corners, I want to fill the rounded edges and add my 6x9's...

Then I'm going to fiberglass the whole front, try and get it to mold to the truck.. then paint...
I've only touched fiberglass once before so will see how it goes.. lol..

side note: took about 4 hours. Used a table saw, miter saw, sander, router (first time using it.. real cool tool) and a nail gun..
I went a little over board and went for two 12's... they call for .5 - 1 of air.. these ended at .63 I'll throw in some poly-fill and hope for the best...

I didn't recess the subs, One I had enough room not to and I was trying to get every bit of air space I could..

I'll post some more when I get time to finish...