The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #19
WorkinLonghorn

Re: Engine Blew, recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That place buys from GM at what is probably a 30% discount and put a little profit on it. Commercial shippers pay crazy cheap shipping. People blame fuel costs on the ever rising cost for us little people to ship our things. I believe what it is, with such a huge amount of products now being bought "mail order" and parcel carriers giving deep discounts to compete for contracts, our cost keeps going up.

So you paid $300 for the truck? You realize that you are now exceeding the purchase price of this vehicle with the cost of this repair . You can truly say it's like buying another truck. But it would be hard to find one today for the cost of this repair. You are buying a new life for the same truck is more like it. A truck you know and like.

I had an engine swapped in to my '92 in '06 and $1,000 was the shops standard charge for that. So, not too bad for today in your area I'd say
Yeah, when I bought it from the estate of the original owner for $300 it had 86K miles on it and was near perfect. Had a 12 1/2' camper on it it's whole life.

The guy I am going to use for the R+R is charging $550 which will include all gaskets Etc. I'll probably provide some new motor mounts (engine mounts?)jk, and a new fuel pump. Water pump is relatively new. I guess a new clutch disk at least, maybe a throw-out bearing. It's pretty new also.

I looked at used trucks around here and I'm not going to spend 12K on a used-up truck and the one I have is fine and in many ways better than the newer ones. -BA
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote