The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
texxxan

Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Has anyone else besides me had a problem buying from gmachinz? I paid $309 on the 13th of this month for a dual tank harness and selector valve. On the 21st, I asked for a tracking number. Never got one. on the 26th I filed a claim with Paypal because I didn't get a tracking number from gmachinz. Well, I was stupid because I paid him as a friend in order to keep him from paying the paypal fee. I paid that fee. Paypal will not refund my money because I paid this way. Gmachinz said it is out of his hands, yet I have no money and no harness. Please, be aware of how you buy from him. Do not make the same mistake I made. I'm sure his harness are great, but after no response for a tracking number and two weeks of waiting, I had enough. I hope you guys and girls are more careful than I was. It looks like I'm out $309. He knows I did not get my money back and he know I have no harness. After doing some research, which I should have done first, I see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I also sent him a paypal request to get my money back and he cancelled that and is deciding to keep my money and send me nothing. This is considered being a thief.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:43 PM   #2
Nick_R_23

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

He’s definitely difficult to get a response from sometimes. I recently also purchased a dual tank harness and valve from him on eBay, and the transaction was flawless, communication was instant - even late at night. I inquired about getting a headlight and taillight harness for the same truck, which he had me do through Facebook Marketplace since that’s where he apparently does most of his business. After I paid for them, he just about disappeared. I asked for a tracking number several times without much response, and finally just asked if it had been shipped, which he said it was. About a week or so later, I finally said I needed a tracking number and he provided one the next day...showing it had shipped out only that day. It finally showed up after about a month since I had ordered it.

All the harnesses I got in were very well made and extremely high quality, so no complaints there. I just wish he would work on the communication a bit more, as even though it all ended up good in the end with me, I’m not comfortable enough to put up any more money and play the game of “wait and maybe’s” with it.

If you legitimately haven’t received anything yet even though the harness has been shipped, you should still be able to file a claim through your bank against the charge on your card.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #3
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_R_23 View Post
He’s definitely difficult to get a response from sometimes. I recently also purchased a dual tank harness and valve from him on eBay, and the transaction was flawless, communication was instant - even late at night. I inquired about getting a headlight and taillight harness for the same truck, which he had me do through Facebook Marketplace since that’s where he apparently does most of his business. After I paid for them, he just about disappeared. I asked for a tracking number several times without much response, and finally just asked if it had been shipped, which he said it was. About a week or so later, I finally said I needed a tracking number and he provided one the next day...showing it had shipped out only that day. It finally showed up after about a month since I had ordered it.

All the harnesses I got in were very well made and extremely high quality, so no complaints there. I just wish he would work on the communication a bit more, as even though it all ended up good in the end with me, I’m not comfortable enough to put up any more money and play the game of “wait and maybe’s” with it.

If you legitimately haven’t received anything yet even though the harness has been shipped, you should still be able to file a claim through your bank against the charge on your card.
It has not been shipped. He never provided a tracking number and refused to refund. I really think he feels like I just gifted him $309.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #4
TKCR

I personally have not had any issues with Jabin. I have bought several NOS items. We even split the 12 hrs of driving distance between us, to meet up for the NOS hood I purchased from him. I’m pretty sure he has been banned from this forum, because of issues. Not that I am taking his side, but people need to realize that building harness’ is time consuming, and it’s just him doing these. If he is constantly having to answer all the check ins about when someone is going to get their parts, I can’t see where he finds the time to get anything built.
I’m sorry this has been a bad experience texxxan. And I agree with the statement, don’t ever use the Friends & Family feature on PayPal. I made that mistake once too. It doesn’t feel good at all to get duped in that manner. Mine was in the amount of $800, so that hurt bad. But never again, will I make that mistake again. Even if I’m purchasing something that only costs $5, I will never use the F&F on PayPal.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxxan View Post
It has not been shipped. He never provided a tracking number and refused to refund. I really think he feels like I just gifted him $309.
Or, you're going to have to adjust your expectations to accommodate him since you handed over the $$.

Lately, from the dealings I've read about on here, he was just not getting product out @ the pace expected/promoted. While frustrating, if you get it @ his pace, he's not a thief. It sucks, but is what it is. I would re-open communications w/him & ask when he thinks your item that you paid for will/can be sent. Some open dialog on what to expect as far as 'waiting' might be beneficial.

If you're not willing to do that, chalk it up as a $300 life-lesson & find what you need from a vendor that has a proven/established positive CS record.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #6
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Or, you're going to have to adjust your expectations to accommodate him since you handed over the $$.

Lately, from the dealings I've read about on here, he was just not getting product out @ the pace expected/promoted. While frustrating, if you get it @ his pace, he's not a thief. It sucks, but is what it is. I would re-open communications w/him & ask when he thinks your item that you paid for will/can be sent. Some open dialog on what to expect as far as 'waiting' might be beneficial.

If you're not willing to do that, chalk it up as a $300 life-lesson & find what you need from a vendor that has a proven/established positive CS record.
I really do need the harness. Communication would be nice. At this point, its all up to him.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:00 PM   #7
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Quote:
I really do need the harness. Communication would be nice. At this point, its all up to him.
Try leaving the frustration out of your tone. You may find he'll be more responsive to you. I work in service and I am usually willing to bend over backwards for someone who is nice and understanding. The opposite person usually gets my bare minimum attention.

Just a thought.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:08 PM   #8
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
Try leaving the frustration out of your tone. You may find he'll be more responsive to you. I work in service and I am usually willing to bend over backwards for someone who is nice and understanding. The opposite person usually gets my bare minimum attention.

Just a thought.
Thank you. That's great advice. I will try that. You never know.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:14 PM   #9
SCOTI

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post

Just a thought.
Quote:
Thank you. That's great advice. I will try that. You never know.
Yep, this is along he lines of what I was thinking.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 09-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #10
kipps

I'm willing to use friends and family, but only if I'm buying something in person. For example, I bought a transmission from a guy several hours away. I paid him with paypal while he was standing right there and the transmission was already loaded in my truck. For that, there was no problem with F&F, since there was no potential for scamming.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
Old 09-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #11
SCOTI

I've seen several posts from this site warning/telling people to not do any end-arounds like this for transactions usually for this very reason (things not going right) as you have zero recourse.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 09-29-2020, 12:21 AM   #12
Loco83

Glad I didn't have any dealings with the low life, was looking at a wiring harness for my front lights.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:39 AM   #13
texxxan

If this post helps just one person, then it isn't a lost cause for me.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:16 AM   #14
TKCR

Quote:
If this post helps just one person, then it isn't a lost cause for me.
As I said in my post above, I’m sure he has been banned from this site. There is a specific area for these types of post. Go to the Forums list, and scroll down to Member Dealings. Here is a direct link.
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...play.php?f=237
Old 09-29-2020, 07:30 AM   #15
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
As I said in my post above, I’m sure he has been banned from this site. There is a specific area for these types of post. Go to the Forums list, and scroll down to Member Dealings. Here is a direct link.
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...play.php?f=237
Thank you. I will look at that now.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:46 AM   #16
SKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Not that I am taking his side, but people need to realize that building harness’ is time consuming, and it’s just him doing these. If he is constantly having to answer all the check ins about when someone is going to get their parts, I can’t see where he finds the time to get anything built.
Quote:
I've never bought anything from the guy so I can't say anything specifically about how he does things. But I wouldn't want to do any business with anyone who does things like the two quotes here. It would be so easy before the sale is completed for the guy to tell you how it's going to go.

"I'm the only one who builds these harnesses, so I'm going to go quiet while I get them done. It'll take approximately this length of time, and as soon as I get them done I'll send you a tracking number. If I'm not done by then, I'll give you an update."

Easy. Then you can decide before you give him your money if that's something you want to get into, and then everybody knows what the deal is. It doesn't sound like that's the way he is. I've often said I don't let anyone get away with anything that I can't get away with at my job. If I ever took a customer's money and then refused to talk to them after I'd be out of a job in an instant. If I have to be clear with my customers about their expectations and the services I can provide, so does everyone else I deal with.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #17
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKR View Post
I've never bought anything from the guy so I can't say anything specifically about how he does things. But I wouldn't want to do any business with anyone who does things like the two quotes here. It would be so easy before the sale is completed for the guy to tell you how it's going to go.

"I'm the only one who builds these harnesses, so I'm going to go quiet while I get them done. It'll take approximately this length of time, and as soon as I get them done I'll send you a tracking number. If I'm not done by then, I'll give you an update."

Easy. Then you can decide before you give him your money if that's something you want to get into, and then everybody knows what the deal is. It doesn't sound like that's the way he is. I've often said I don't let anyone get away with anything that I can't get away with at my job. If I ever took a customer's money and then refused to talk to them after I'd be out of a job in an instant. If I have to be clear with my customers about their expectations and the services I can provide, so does everyone else I deal with.
Exactly!! Only he did not ship me the harness, and said he wasn't going to ship it. He also said that refunding through paypal was out of his hands, which is a complete lie. I really wish I was wrong here. I want him to prove me wrong, but he won't. I filed a claim through my bank so I hope that works out for me. Either way, I would hate for anyone else to have to deal with this.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #18
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco83 View Post
Glad I didn't have any dealings with the low life, was looking at a wiring harness for my front lights.
Stealing or being a thief = "low-life".

Taking money for something you're building for someone is an exchange. Not delivering the goods that someone paid for in a timely fashion is poor business practices. These are two distinctly different things.

If you buy something from someone and expect to get it or tracking info within x-days when that someone is KNOWN for extended delivery times/not meeting delivery times that doesn't make them a thief.

Purchasing products through PayPal using the 'Friends & Family' option to save a few bucks is a poor choice on all involved as it negates the possibility of other resources helping if there is a dispute between the parties. Name-calling someone that has your money & hasn't delivered your product will most likely not speed up their efforts to appease you.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 09-29-2020, 10:13 AM   #19
texxxan

Quote:

Taking money for something you're building for someone is an exchange. Not delivering the goods that someone paid for in a timely fashion is poor business practices. These are two distinctly different things.

If you buy something from someone and expect to get it or tracking info within x-days when that someone is KNOWN for extended delivery times/not meeting delivery times that doesn't make them a thief.

Purchasing products through PayPal using the 'Friends & Family' option to save a few bucks is a poor choice on all involved as it negates the possibility of other resources helping if there is a dispute between the parties. Name-calling someone that has your money & hasn't delivered your product will most likely not speed up their efforts to appease you.
He's already told me that he is not sending me the harness and that a refund through Paypal is "out of his hands." I wish he would prove me wrong here, but it is what it is. A thief.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #20
texxxan

Quote:

Truth is, you are right. It's just disheartening to be violated this way.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #21
truckin 79

Look IMO all these people telling you to play nice is ludicrous. The guy clearly ripped you off and refuses to make it right. I have seen his name on this board numerous times and probably like you assumed he was a stand up guy with a legit business. You could always go the social media route.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #22
farmall

Taking payment with no or false ETA, no refund, would be a thief / lowlife.

The gray area is was an ETA given.

Asking for a refund and not getting one in any stage of the process is pitiful.
89 GMC Jimmy Stock https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=810958
71 LT1 Convertible, 72 Coupe
69 CJ5, 75 CJ6, 67 M715, 72 M35A2 Bobbed, 95 XLC2
Old 09-29-2020, 10:54 AM   #23
SCOTI

Quote:
He's already told me that he is not sending me the harness and that a refund through Paypal is "out of his hands." I wish he would prove me wrong here, but it is what it is. A thief.
Is that because you started the demands & then name-calling? I get you're frustrated but if you started telling me "this is how it's going to be" I'd be thinking 'is that right?'.

I don't use PayPal because of their issues. I purposely use USPS Money Orders or other means so PayPal has no direct access to my accounts (because of issues w/them years ago). Even though I don't use PayPal, I know when using the F&F option, it removes the ability of assistance for you & perhaps it does for him as well. IDK, do you?

I'm not advocating for him. I'm just trying to get you to re-group & take another shot @ it w/a different mind-set.... Or as I stated, walk away & spend the $$ again.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 09-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #24
texxxan

Quote:
Is that because you started the demands & then name-calling? I get you're frustrated but if you started telling me "this is how it's going to be" I'd be thinking 'is that right?'.

I don't use PayPal because of their issues. I purposely use USPS Money Orders or other means so PayPal has no direct access to my accounts (because of issues w/them years ago). Even though I don't use PayPal, I know when using the F&F option, it removes the ability of assistance for you & perhaps it does for him as well. IDK, do you?

I'm not advocating for him. I'm just trying to get you to re-group & take another shot @ it w/a different mind-set.... Or as I stated, walk away & spend the $$ again.
I assure you that I never name called or cursed him at all. The only thing I asked for was a tracking number.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #25
texxxan

I'm trying to attach screenshots of my conversation with him but I'm not able to load them in here. Any idea on how to attach a picture?
Closed Thread