The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2023, 08:54 PM   #1
scrappy's 69

Best Parts Supplier?

I believe this has been asked before, but I cannot find it. With the closing of ECE, where is the best place now to order suspension, brake, etc. parts?
Old 01-29-2023, 09:55 PM   #2
jimijam00

Re: Best Parts Supplier?

SummitRacing.com
jimijam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 01:39 AM   #3
RustyPile

As for at a source for stock OEM type suspension components, Moog brand is hard to beat.. Elkhart Tx, a very small (pop. 1300) East Texas town where I live has a "mom and pop" owned automotive supply store.. They are my source for stuff like that.. So here's my point... It's not necessary to order on line or mail order 90% of what I need for my 52 year old truck.. My first go to source when I do have to order something, is Summit Racing...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:35 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Since Summit just sells the parts and ECE made theirs, I was think you want to know the next brand in line down from ECE. I can't help with that. ECE was my last purchase

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:58 AM   #5
Joyridin

Depending on what you want, Rockauto is a pretty good choice. Sometimes you have to play around to get the shipping in line, but they have pretty good prices and you can usually find a 5% discount code.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:22 AM   #6
Lee H

There is no one best place. What are you needing? For normal run of the mill mechanical stuff I use my local auto parts store and only buy top brands, MOOG, BorgWarner as an example. Other places I frequent include GMC Paul's, Classic Industries, Mar-K, Classic Heart Beat. Used to use brothers when ever possible but seems they have come down a few notches in quality over the last few years.

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:09 AM   #7
kev2809
low n' slo

Lee H said it best.

I try everywhere. rockauto is great but you have to kind of verify part numbers before ordering. I bought a temp sender listed for our trucks and the resistance was not right. once I find the right part numbers, I look around for the best deal. sometimes it's local parts store, sometimes rockauto, sometimes it's one of the bigger name store like summit.

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:16 PM   #8
Accelo

We have an independent auto parts store, where I live, and I support his business when ever I can. He is willing to dig up stuff no one else will. Napa as a second choice, inventory is massive and they deliver from the large metro area twice a day.

Online I like inline tube, Summit. I also like Classic Parts. Reasonable and the shipping is less if you purchase the minimum. They still have there share of junk parts. Like China light switches that don't dim and your can't release the handle without working on it till my fingers hurt. But most sellers have those same issues. How they deal with returns is the big differences between sellers.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:40 PM   #9
scrappy's 69

Thanks for all the responses. Have any of you used Performance Online for anything? I'm looking to put together a package for lowering and converting brakes to disc and they are the only ones who has put together a package and would talk to me like ECE would.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:37 PM   #10
cwcarpenter98

I used a Performance Online kit for my 63. It's been on the truck and regularly driven for 7 years now. The kit I purchased uses Western Chassis spindles. I have no complaints with my kit. I haven't noticed any issues from the wear parts included in the kit over the years either

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote