The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2023, 08:07 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: CPP Brand New 100% redesign tilt steering column

If I had a CPP column waiting to use and not the Flaming River I certainly would install it and see how it goes. I too am very good at reading/sensing BS and certainly not a Kool-Aid drinker or bandwagon hopper. I'm often the odd man out because I question things many others don't. I have read about, talked to people, and seen for myself issues with CPP products in the past, which is often where people then run into poor customer support.

ALL reproduction doors when they first were offered were poorly made, needed alteration to fit. The word got out here and people went more to repairing OEM doors. Eventually a second offering arose. Vendors with a stock of the 1st batch certainly didn't scrap those once the better ones were offered. So for a while you wouldn't know which you were buying. We have seen this with '68 fenders and cowl hoods, too. The word gets out here and a lot of members have been saved the expense and aggravation of buying junk. I had first hand experience with these things. Once the improvements were available, the old news was still good news because people sell parts they didn't use, and many didn't use their defective parts once they learned about the issues. In the end, when you buy crap it leaves a bad taste in your mouth that can last and learning that product is better now doesn't always get rid of it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:09 AM   #27
Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If I had a CPP column waiting to use and not the Flaming River I certainly would install it and see how it goes. I too am very good at reading/sensing BS and certainly not a Kool-Aid drinker or bandwagon hopper. I'm often the odd man out because I question things many others don't. I have read about, talked to people, and seen for myself issues with CPP products in the past, which is often where people then run into poor customer support.

ALL reproduction doors when they first were offered were poorly made, needed alteration to fit. The word got out here and people went more to repairing OEM doors. Eventually a second offering arose. Vendors with a stock of the 1st batch certainly didn't scrap those once the better ones were offered. So for a while you wouldn't know which you were buying. We have seen this with '68 fenders and cowl hoods, too. The word gets out here and a lot of members have been saved the expense and aggravation of buying junk. I had first hand experience with these things. Once the improvements were available, the old news was still good news because people sell parts they didn't use, and many didn't use their defective parts once they learned about the issues. In the end, when you buy crap it leaves a bad taste in your mouth that can last and learning that product is better now doesn't always get rid of it.
like a good friend of mine sez when he is asked for advice and then it is ignored or he is told that his advice is wrong: "oh well, he'll figure it out eventually"
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:19 AM   #28
josephuta214

I have one waiting to be installed as well. Will let you all know how it works out. Looks like a quality piece, but we'll see.
josephuta214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 05:46 PM   #29
Montierth

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephuta214 View Post
I have one waiting to be installed as well. Will let you all know how it works out. Looks like a quality piece, but we'll see.
What brand? Keep us posted. Thanks
- 1967 Chevy C10
- 1970 GMC C2500 Dually Flat Bed
- 2003 Silverado
Montierth is offline   Reply With Quote