The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2014, 01:17 AM   #1
Mapearso

72 C10 SWB -- Project "KISS"

As in "Keep it Slightly Better than Stock"

Just picked up a 72 C10 --
*Short Fleet
*A/C Cab
*Soft-Ray Glass
*Original California Black Plates. Per the VIN, CCE142Zxxxxxx, I believe it is a Cali Z code Fremont built truck that came with a V8
*Possibly a 402 BB, now a 454 BB (Details unknown but TBD) mated to a TH400 Automatic

Other options and SPID pics soon I hope. Someone, not the PO, painted over the SPID so I'll have to try and remove the paint without losing all the info.

PO says it was a Central California county work truck??... It has a couple of spots of red/orange under the current white paint job. It also looks like it had the "elephant ear" mirrors but they were removed and door holes were filled and painted?

While it's not the unmolested Cheyenne Super SWB with a big block and buckets I reaaaaalllly want, it is a solid project which I can bring in line with that dream if I choose to (AKA a clone).

But my vision for it right now is pretty simple. Fix what needs fixin', tune what needs tunin', clean what needs cleanin' and all the while drive the snot out of it.

I'm thinking it's already got a nice drop and stance. Once I go thru the running gear, I'm planning --
*TBD staggered 15" wheel setup (Torqs? Chrome Rallys?)
*Upper and lower trim
*Stock 72 grill
*"refresh" the interior, with more stock bits (new gauges, 3 spoke custom grip wheel, radio delete, etc.)
*I'm not planning on painting it, just doing the best with what's there

I've done a bunch of 66-67 GM A-Bodys (most recently a 66 Skylark GS Convertible with a built Buick 455)... But this will be my first 67-72 Chevy Truck (I do have an 89 Silverado RCSB tho...). Thanks in advance for checking out this thread ... and for the help along the way

Some pics as it sits right now
Attached Images

Last edited by Mapearso; 12-10-2014 at 01:30 AM. Reason: add info
Mapearso is offline   Reply With Quote