The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Profish

High school Sweetheart 69 SWB

Well here it goes..
I've been very hesitant to start my own thread. The quality of work I've been reading about in this forum is phenomenal. Very intimidating for someone like me that has bitten off way more than he can chew. I've had my truck (Jex) since I was a junior in high school (1983). What started as a fairly reasonable, safety upgrade to disk brakes,has turned into a complete frame up. I know have my old girl completely dismantled. I bought a 77 1/2 ton for the brakes and ended up completely tearing down that truck as well. I saved everything but the body and seat on the 77. I've installed the 77 rearend and front end under my 69 frame. I had the 350 rebuilt from the 77 and am replacing the 250. I found a 5-speed manual from a 93. I am currently attempting to connect the tranny to the engine and hoping to set that on the frame this weekend. Never done any of this before. I was a mechanic in the Army, but really just got comfortable with tools and learned how to replace things. I'll post some photos as soon as I make time to get them downloaded.
Michael
Posted via Mobile Device
Profish is offline   Reply With Quote