The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2021, 10:00 PM   #26
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Got a bit more done to the new red '91. The AC wasn't working when I got it, a tube on the condenser had broken, and one on the txv was also split. Since this was an aftermarket AC system I had to figure out each component myself, no part numbers to go by.

I pulled the evaporator box from under the dash and cleaned/flushed the evaporator and cleaned up the tubes and connections to ensure a better seal at the orings. Also removed the old foam and glued new foam in place.

Cleaned what I could reach while the evap housing was out.

I used a new universal 12x24" parallel flow condenser, drier, txv, tensioner bearing, belt, and all new o-rings to get the system back together. The used components were flushed so I could use PAG oil and R134a. The tvx and thermostat in the evap housing need adjusting to get the temps a bit lower but its working fine other than kicking off when vent temps get down to about 46 degrees.

I pulled the Sport seats out of storage to begin detailing them.

The vinyl cleaned up great with a magic eraser and 303 Protectant. I soaked the fabric with cleaner, scrubbed it, then used a wet/dry vac to pull the stains out. A couple of rounds of that had the fabric looking nearly new. The plastic side trim was cleaned and sprayed with SM Arnold plastic/vinyl dye.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote