The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
greywuuf

"hook lift" on a C60

Just wondering if any of you have ever built, used or dealt with a "hook lift" truck?
Many of the newer small and medium duty waste disposal and recycling trucks are equipped with them, If you are not familiar it is kind of a combined dump/rollback/self loader. it is a two stage tilt and roll back that actually sets the bed on the gound.

I ask because i am building a 'welders" bed for my C-60 to mount my old almost free Licoln Ranger 8 welder on... hopefull something with a beavertail,I imagine something like a diamond plate old school to truck/wrecker bed. I also need a small clean Flat bed for hauling my WWII studebaker Weasels ( small amphibious track rigs) on... I was hoping to have easily interchangeable beds. however a "proffesional/commercial" setup is in the $20,000 range. I was wondering if it was feasable to construct one from and maybe repourpose a dump bed cylinder.

For those of you that need pictures and more explaination here is a link
http://www.stellarindustries.com/pages/hooklifts.htm

thanks
Dan
greywuuf is offline   Reply With Quote