The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #276
chad64chevy

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

sorry forgot the truck picture, lol!! i'm tubbing my truck as well! i really like the blue, i havent really been doing anything with my truck lately cause of family matters, i hoping my uncle moves closer to me we talked about if me moves then my truck will go to his house and i can work on it from the time i get off work til i need to go to sleep, lol!! he's got a carport, his welder and air compressor is in his shed and he said i can use what ever i need he dont care, lol!! i like the carport idea cause it gets hot here in oklahoma in the summer time, anyways heres the truck mine is going to kind of look like! no chrome no white, but a big back window and silver bumpers, grille, turn signal bezels, and tailights bezel
Attached Images

chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #277
flips72

chad, i love the color your truck will look great, how much are you tubbing your truck? i thought about putting a couple inches in my inner fenders so i could run a wider tire, just hate to now since there painted.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #278
chad64chevy

well i'm going to widened them about 4 inches! i have a steel floor in mine so if i what it to look right i'll have to widened it 4 inches, which will widened the wheel wells from 11.5" to 15.5"! that will put the inside of the wheel tubs straight up from the outside of the frame so i can put as much tire as i want to without cut into the frame any, and i dont want to cut the frame any more then what i have already!! i also what to run 20x8.5 rims on the front and a 20x12 on the back, i'll have to look for some nice rims but i'll run my '07 stock rims til then!!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #279
McMurphy

Cant wait to see how this steering column mod goes buddy.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #280
chad64chevy

tomorrow i'll be grinding the welds down and painting it, my inner door panels and ashtray the same blue i have been painting the other stuff! within the next few weeks i'll be widening the wheel wells, and hopefully i'll be doing my big back window before the end of april!!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #281
chad64chevy

i did get some stuff done today, got my inner door panels, steering column ground down and stripped and my steering column plate that bolts to the inner fender stripped! all i have left to do is prime and paint and i'll do that tomorrow, i'll also have pictures tomorrow, long day and im tired, plus its to dark right now
Old 04-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #282
chad64chevy

while heres a few pictures of the steering column ground down and the paint stripped!!
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #283
chad64chevy

and heres the inner door panels and steering column cover plate
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #284
chad64chevy

and this is what they look like as of today, will prime again on the inner door panels, and paint them tuesday! that way they are good and dry!!
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #285
chad64chevy

came back from taking my cousin home and just a few houses over from him is a 60-63, i'm thinking its a 60-61! its a long bed big window with the side trim that shaped like a sided ways j ! told him to talk to the guy for me when he gets home, going to try and see if he's willing to sell it! looks good from a distance, i havent got up close to it, but i just need some parts! and i could make my money back selling some stuff!! if the guy is willing to sell it then i'll get some more pictures!! i also seen two 64-66 trucks and a panel while i was taking him home! maybe tomorrow i'll try to get some pictures, the two truck are behind a fence but the panel is by the road!! i thinking of trying to buy some of them to sell the parts i dont need to fund this project! the wife just told me she will be having to look for a new job the place she worked for will be closing there doors soon, so it dont look good for the truck being done anytime soon! good thing is she can get unemployment and make almost what she was making, no more babysitter, lol!!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #286
chad64chevy

well i got my door panels painted, now i'll get all the blue parts together shoot them one last time so they are all the same shape atleast! then i'll put on about three coats of clear over the metallic blue and call it good!

i got a tote with molasses/water 12:1 ratio, 12 parts water 1 part molasses, got about 5 gals total made up and a few parts from my heater in it because i couldnt get to the inside of the part that goes up under the dash and wanted to see how this mix would work out! plus the mix is good for 8-12 months, so i dont got anything to lose, it will just take a few days to a week to see what happens!!

anyways heres the pictures of my inner door panels! dont be shy, let me know what you think! first picture has my shadow shading it, second picture shows more of the color! the color i'm painting all these stuff is Dupli-color perfect match, light blue metallic (21 wa7470)
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #287
flips72

good work the door panels look great, and so does the column.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #288
chad64chevy

thanks flips for the comments! i'm still not to sure on the rims, been thinking about 6 lug truck rally rims and just having the two for the back widened and have 15x7's or 15x8's for the front! been thinking without the beauty rings and painting them silver like the other stuff i'm going to start painting!!

i did hear some good news about my wifes job! they are getting a severance package and she is getting some more money from the union so that will cut are bills in half and i will get to spend more money on my truck! which means my truck will get done my the due date that i set for it, which is march 18 2013, my sons 3rd. b-day!

i'll have an update this weekend, the molasses is working really good, i'm just going to let the parts sit for another day! then friday i'll take them out and clean them up and show yall what they look like now forgot to get before pics, but yall know what 46 yr. old parts look like!! anyways more this weekend!!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #289
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Nice work!! the trim panels look great!!
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #290
chad64chevy

thanks alan, that means alot coming from you! your truck is just awesome with alot of detail and info. and your always willing to help if you can!

well i started to get the mess out of my cab (mostly tools and truck parts) to start getting ready to do the big back window next weekend and would you know it it started to rain!! so this pay day im just going to get a few totes and just throw everything inside the cab in them and then i can just take the totes out throw them in the back of the bee then i do the conversion!! i also was looking at my truck and got my other set of rear wheel tubs out and over to my truck so i can start on those too!! theres a thread on here that shows how to cut the steel floor ribs and to make them somewhat nice when you widen the tubs! i got to do some more looking at that thread and then i'll go cut my steel floor up!!

the molasses stuff is working great and since i only get o work on it on the weekends i brought my bumper brackets home to throw in the molasses and let soak for a week then i'll take the wire wheel to them and paint them, speaking of bumpers, i got to still weld the bolts to the front bumper, and i still need to do my roll pan and bumper idea!

ANYWAYS today is easter and since i got a three yr. old girl and a two yr. old boy i got to hide easter eggs today, so to all that read this today that have kids HAPPY EASTER!!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #291
CRGRS 66

Hey Chad, I am new to the forum, I started reading about your build yesterday, spent all afternoon at it! I just picked up my 66 a few weeks ago, not really sure where to start, mostly plan to drive it and enjoy it this summer, and upgrade things mechanically as I go.
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #292
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
thanks alan, that means alot coming from you! your truck is just awesome with alot of detail and info. and your always willing to help if you can!
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #293
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
Hey Chad, I am new to the forum, I started reading about your build yesterday, spent all afternoon at it! I just picked up my 66 a few weeks ago, not really sure where to start, mostly plan to drive it and enjoy it this summer, and upgrade things mechanically as I go.
Welcome to the forum. That seems to be a very nice looking truck you have as well.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #294
CRGRS 66

Thanks markeb01, I just bought it 3 weeks ago. the last owner put less than 4000 miles on it in the last 25 years! It was titled in Arizona before that, truck is very solid, no perforation anywhere, surface rust only. I want to lower the front 2-1/2", upgrade to discs on the front, add power steering, a 5 speed, or an overdrive... I could go on and on I guess. Nice GMC, they are pretty rare!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #295
chad64chevy

thanks crgrs 66 for the comment and for taking the time to read it all! welcome to the forum theres alot of great people at are willing to help at a moments notes!! i wish i could go back when i started and would have just drove it! but i took it apart and now got to back together and then i can start driving it!! got any more pictures of your truck? looks like a big window!! look at capt.fabs threads he is a forum member and sells a power steering adapter, and power brake bracket! i cant speak of the power steering bracket but i do have the power brake bracket and it was a great buy, and very nice!! are you going to keep it 6 lug or are you going to convert to 5 lug?? anyways thanks for stopping by and reading!!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #296
CRGRS 66

thanks chad, yes BBW, thinking 5 lug, actually swimming with thoughts, unfortunately more thoughts than money like everyone else! I will get more pics up soon, back to work now though!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #297
CRGRS 66

Hey Chad, how do I subscribe to a thread so that I get notification on updates to... your build for instance? BTW, I am putting a lot of thought into "my plan", will let you know once I have it mapped out.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #298
chad64chevy

if you have a msn or anything like that then you will get post that way! thats how i know if anyone has anything to say besides loggin in on this site just to see!! i think one of the Moderators can help you, they know more about it then me!! if you can post pictures of your truck your more then welcome to post them in my build thread i dont mind!!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #299
CRGRS 66

Thanks chad! I tried to accept your friend request, not sure if it worked or not, working from my tablet at the moment. You never forget your first! Btw, my first was a 57 stepside, had it when i was in high school, long time ago
Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #300
chad64chevy

well heres a small update for you!!
I'll be taking a break from my truck and this site for a few weeks to a month! got to get a few things (not truck related) taking care of then will get back to the truck!