The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
~Whitey~

SPID label truck identification

Hey guys I need a little C10 expert help. I have the original SPID label and glove box door for my truck that matches my title, VIN plate, and frame stamp. I'm trying to determine what trim package my truck would have been. All it had on it when I bought it a few years ago was c/10 badges on the fenders. I'm currently rebuilding the truck and would like to put the correct badges back on it. I think the PO that did work to it way back when might have stuck fenders from a C10 trim package on it at some point ???

I'm guessing from the options below it would be a Custom C/10 or a CST?

It has the 4Z62AA Custom Comfort Appearance Equip
4630GA Black Custom Cloth

Is there anyway to tell from the SPID?
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
SS Tim

Re: SPID label truck identification

Its a Custom/10 if we are talking about your 69.
The RPO Z62 trim upgraded the truck including Custom/10 fender emblems.
Black on black would have been a sharp truck.
It would also have the 350 emblems as well.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
~Whitey~

yessir my 69. WOW. thanks a bunch SS Tim. I didn't think it was a plain c10. I'm pretty happy I have an original black truck and will be returning it to it's former color, but I will be changing up the interior with parchment seat, door panels and headliner.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
SS Tim

Well if it were mine black cloth would be going back into it. As much as I like parchment (almost my favorite) it is a little stark to me in a black truck. If a color change is desired to break up the black then consider blue or green for something a little different. Saddle is another great combo and all of these are easier than white to live with (my Camaro is dark blue and white leather). Of course done to death red is an option too. Here are a couple of later interiors for a "feel". There once was a rough little K10 Cheyenne Super SWB Black with Blue buckets I regret not buying.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

My vote is on the saddle

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
~Whitey~

I do like that blue and REALLY like the green. But I've already ordered my parchment seat cover from Truckseats and its not the bright white. As far as I could tell from pics and talking with him its an off white leading towards tan. A black truck with a light tan interior is my favorite. I've got a lt tan carpet going in as well; black arm rest on parchment door skins, black seat belts. I guess if it the seat cover comes and is too bright ill try to sell it. The door skins, visors and head liner will be getting painted to match seat so I'm not too worried about them. Ill post a pic of what the parchment he has looks like. I understand the parchment trim package from the factory is white and I don't believe what I ordered is that white.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
~Whitey~

This is the parchment from Truckseats. It's doesn't look white or too bright to me. But maybe it is and the pic just represent darker. I got a message in to him to make sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
SS Tim

The parchment is an "off white" that actually looks a little dirty when installed in a white truck. If there is any doubt about color the time to try and change is tonight. Truckseats may not have made your cover up yet and is probably using stock material. If you think you want a blue or green contact him now. Selling a cover later is a long drawn out and often losing proposition. Even if there is a order change fee you will probably do better up front.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
~Whitey~

I sent him a pm that's all I can do. I don't have a number for him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
~Whitey~

Ok. I got ahold of Tim from Truckseats. His parchment is just like the factory parchment and is off white in color. He hadn't got to mine yet thankfully, so no worries and I can changed it to something else. SS TIM! I really had my mind set on a tan interior but I am now considering changing to the green after seeing that pic! Gonna dwell on it over the weekend and make a decision.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
jocko

i agree, black+saddle or black+olive is sharp! Red is always a bright contrast also.
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
SS Tim

Good now you have time to rethink your colors. Sorry to have seeded doubt, but I now feel you are going to end up with a color you want after due consideration of the options. If we are taking a poll, knowing it won't be black, then 1st choice blue, 2nd green, 3rd parchment and 4th saddle are my picks. have fun! :-)
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
~Whitey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post
Good now you have time to rethink your colors. Sorry to have seeded doubt, but I now feel you are going to end up with a color you want after due consideration of the options. If we are taking a poll, knowing it won't be black, then 1st choice blue, 2nd green, 3rd parchment and 4th saddle are my picks. have fun! :-)
Well I'm glad you did seed some doubt, so thanks again. I said didn't want to do black on black, but after revisiting that idea and the fact that my truck was originally black on black and it is all matching numbers besides the motor, and seeing these pics and loving the look. I've pretty much decided black on black it is.

The cloth seat that came with my truck originally (black vinyl sides, cloth top) I still have, but it's not very desirable, even it was new. I really love the scroll work on vinyl benches and the look of a stock 69 bench. Hounds tooth I like too, but if I'm going black on black, it would have to be a black/charcoal houndstooth and I'm not sure anyone makes that.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Lattimer

I'd go black on black myself.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Whitey~ View Post
Well I'm glad you did seed some doubt, so thanks again. I said didn't want to do black on black, but after revisiting that idea and the fact that my truck was originally black on black and it is all matching numbers besides the motor, and seeing these pics and loving the look. I've pretty much decided black on black it is.

The cloth seat that came with my truck originally (black vinyl sides, cloth top) I still have, but it's not very desirable, even it was new. I really love the scroll work on vinyl benches and the look of a stock 69 bench. Hounds tooth I like too, but if I'm going black on black, it would have to be a black/charcoal houndstooth and I'm not sure anyone makes that.
Truckseats made a mis-print, or whatever he called it, of black with gray/black houndstooth (instead of the white/black) that he offered a while back. Not sure if he still has it. But I do think an original bench would look best and hooundstooth wasn't offered til 71. (and black houndstooth (gray or white) was never an original option on any truck, only olive, blue, and parchment were ever offered in houndstooth).
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
~Whitey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
I'd go black on black myself.
I'm all over it Lattimer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Truckseats made a mis-print, or whatever he called it, of black with gray/black houndstooth (instead of the white/black) that he offered a while back. Not sure if he still has it. But I do think an original bench would look best and hooundstooth wasn't offered til 71. (and black houndstooth (gray or white) was never an original option on any truck, only olive, blue, and parchment were ever offered in houndstooth).
Thanks Jocko, I seen the thread where he said he has some black/white houndstooth that bled together a bit and created a gray. That would be still be too light for me. I'm not sold on houndstooth by any means, I would like to get cloth inserts but I do not want want a cloth that isn't black and don't want black velour (yuk), but some sort of black material that has a pattern to it, something that isn't just solid black material.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
~Whitey~

this style for the 69 is what I'm looking at, but black vinyl and black cloth inserts.. if I can get a cloth that I'm happy with. Otherwise I'm just going to with the standard all vinyl bench for the 69 with scrollwork.
Attached Images