The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

LS swap issue with MAF sensor

I finally went over to the “dark side” and have (finally) started my first LS swap. It is a 1998 Trans Am LS1 and 4l60e. I inherited the engine when my brother passed away. I sent the ecu off and had the vats and a few other unnecessary items deleted. He had purchased a wiring harness somewhere, but had never installed it. I started laying everything out, and all went well until I went to plug the MAF sensor in. The connector is different in the harness than what the original MAF sensor uses. There was another MAF sensor and it has the same connector. I also went to a parts store and looked at a MAF sensor and it is also the same. Since i have no idea where the harness came from, I can’t contact them. I have sourced a correct corresponding connector and pins. I already have the crimp tool if needed. There are the same amount of wires on the old and new connector. Had anyone run into this before? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.
Attached Images

WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote