The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2005, 12:39 AM   #26
krue
Designated A-hole!

Re: What is the differences between a Jimmy and a Blazer?

Alright, everyone play nice.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:34 AM   #27
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

This is easy.
Would you rather have a 69 Camaro or a 69 Firebird?
Which one is worth more? Camaro
Which one looks better? Camaro
Which one had more mfg'd numbers? Camaro
Is the one with the lower production worth more?NO

Same applies for the Blazer and Jimmy. Blazer has appreciated better price. Camaro has appreciated better in price. The "look" is most of what sparks
demand. I'm not knocking any Jimmy owners, plenty of cool looking one's on site.

77 K5 - 383, auto, 6" lift, D60 front, 14b rear, 39" tsl's,
jakeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:39 AM   #28
ian villeza

Talking Re: What is the differences between a Jimmy and a Blazer?

I think it is opinion.....I own a 1972 chevy blazer but think the GMC's are nicer to look at, I like the front grill on the GMC. Main thing is It's an American Made Auto I can be proud to own. I definetly would own both if I could.
ian villeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:01 AM   #29
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian villeza
I think it is opinion.....I own a 1972 chevy blazer but think the GMC's are nicer to look at, I like the front grill on the GMC. Main thing is It's an American Made Auto I can be proud to own. I definetly would own both if I could.

Well said Ian
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:08 AM   #30
smokekiki
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeslim
This is easy.

Same applies for the Blazer and Jimmy. Blazer has appreciated better price. Camaro has appreciated better in price. The "look" is most of what sparks
demand. I'm not knocking any Jimmy owners, plenty of cool looking one's on site.
I have been looking for a 69 Firebird convertible.I have looked at 2.They were not cheaper than an equally restored 69 Camaro convertible.Let me know if You see any cheap 69 Trans Am convertibles!
Personaly,I like all 67-72's,GMC or Chevy.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #31
cypress TX 72
Saving one 72 at a time!!

You tell em 71jimmy, Cause I know that wasn't aimed at me. My response was to SpecialK's conviction.
My opinion is it is the owners preference, I think it all has to do with what ever got you interested in 67-72s anyway.
My first experience was my older brother purchased a 72 4X4, I was about 12 or 13 at the time, and of course, I always had to fetch tools for him while he was working on it... and I thought that truck was the best truck that ever lived. Since I was 14 I have owned at least one. Ironically a few years ago, I bought that truck of my brothers from the guy he sold it to back in '85, I found him at a grocery store in the town I grew up in, asked him about it, and bought it....
anyway---you will never catch me trashing any 67-72...GMC or Chevy... I own a full spectrum 70 Jimmy(my daily driver) 72 Jimmy, and 72 Cheyenne Super, 70 swb custom.

Good thread guys.....
cypress TX 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #32
cypress TX 72

I left out the end of my story... I gave it back to my brother for Christmas 03.
Too bad it didn't have a motor or drive train and the front passanger seat had a weed growing out of it... In need of a little restoration...Hehe...
What are brothers for, right...
Hey, I saved another from the crusher!!!!!!!!
by the way, it was a dandilion........
Old 10-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

For The Record:
I have owned 3 Blazers.A`70,`71,and a`72.So I like them.I`d love to own a Jimmy.
I own 3 `72 K-model 3/4ts.They are in my signature.Two Chevys/one GMC.I like both.
A small window seems to be very popular and sought after by what I see on this board.I`ve seen alot of people cutting up a big window to graft a small window.
The only thing about the grandaddy of them all being a small window GMC that is off is I was speaking of rareness.The rare bird would actually be a big window`67 GMC.
I like them all,trend or not.I want them all,and I`ll base the value on condition and rarety.
Think of GM muscle cars.Except for the GTO,I used to think all the Chevys were the best looking.The Olds,Pontiac,and Buick versions were just alterations of the Chevy.Chevy having the best flowing,built-in lines.The others having an add-on appearence.For years a Chevy sold for more than a comparable GM.Not true anymore.A W31 or GS is worth every bit as much as a GTO or SS Chevelle(if not more).All the full-tilt muscle cars are the rarest and most valued over standard production cars.But the looks of the others against a Chevy have grown on me and I feel the same with GMCs.After seeing so many nice Chevys in the crowd,it`s nice to see a different face on the same good looking body.There will always be people that appreciate this and wanting to own them.There are not as many of either the trucks or the buyers,but it works out the same.Now,when the trend shifts,what will be the value of the rarer trucks against the more common?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:14 PM   #34
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokekiki
I have been looking for a 69 Firebird convertible.I have looked at 2.They were not cheaper than an equally restored 69 Camaro convertible.Let me know if You see any cheap 69 Trans Am convertibles!
Personaly,I like all 67-72's,GMC or Chevy.
my point was value...take a 69 covertible camaro ss and compare price. Lets understand I'm not KNOCKING Jimmy's. Each to his own, but fact is that Blazers sell more than Jimmy's. It truly is fact, not opinion I would own a Jimmy because I like the look blazer/jimmy look. They are similar. But again, value is not equal. Please prove me wrong and post some "for sale" ad's

http://www.camaros.net/classifieds/p...ton/index.html

I love any old truck/car, american made. I would own a firebird too. I've owned a 69 firebird, 67 camaro, 72 camaro, 74 firebird. Loved them all Does not change the fact price relative to demand.

Last edited by jakeslim; 10-21-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #35
raggedjim

Well, price and value 2 different things...
BOTH Jimmy's and Blazers have something I would put up against any car, low production numbers. Go to a big car show and count the 69 Camaros or the 57 chevys. The last big show I went to had 15 67-69 Camaros, and at least 10 57 chevy's. Yeah, they are nice and $$$... but I can park my ragged out 2wd blazer out beside them and, I'm not kidding, I'll have more people looking and asking about it than the camaros or 57's. Which is the better VALUE?

Yeah, $$$ wise the Camaro is worth more, but if you want something different the blazer/jimmy is a great value (more smiles/$).

When I get done with my Jimmy it will blow my old blazer out of the water, but I still love my blazer...

By the way, I love 69 Camaros and 57's, but at the $$$ they go for they aren't a good value...

Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #36
cypress TX 72

Boy, you can't this kinda information from the View !!!!!!!
That's why I love this Board, I have long looked for people who were as passionate about these trucks as I am.
Josh, I think I'm gonna pay my membership twice this year.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:30 PM   #37
jakeslim
Premium Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress TX 72
Boy, you can't this kinda information from the View !!!!!!!
That's why I love this Board, I have long looked for people who were as passionate about these trucks as I am.
Josh, I think I'm gonna pay my membership twice this year.
all in good fun though! I enjoy all points of view. Here is a secret, before I bought my k5, i was shoping for either a jimmy or a blazer just because i like the look (69-72)

Old 10-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #38
sdelahey

[QUOTE=marianne]Front grill, bezels, and fender badges. Also Jimmy's 70-72 had double headlights. 73 and on had single like the Chevrolet's.

Not sure about this as I have a 1970 Jimmy with singles. (Just kidding)

Scott

Last edited by sdelahey; 10-21-2005 at 06:35 PM.
sdelahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:23 AM   #39
71jimmy

Jakeslim, I think if you talk to any Firebird club members you'll find disagreemnent with your statement.
Cypress TX 72, no it was not meant at you, and I wish I had a brother like you.
Special K, very well said.
I enjoy the talk of the differences, mechanical, body, repairs etc. Don't get into what is worth more than something else, its just an opinion. You have to compare apples to apples. At any given time something is always more popular than something else. Then we jump on another bandwagon because we like something different. To me, any motorized vehicle that has been painstakenly brought back to life, or customized, or preserved is a thing of beauty. I can appreciate the tri 5 chevies, the 40 Ford, '65 GTO, etc. And yes, dare I say, IF ever I come across someone that loves his YUGO, I will appreciate that too. That's not to say I would ever do it but I appreciate what they have done. Now, lets get back to helping each other in the real nitty gritty of what WE love, building our TRUCKS.

"If life was fair you'd be able to afford one of each and a garage large enough to house them all."
71jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:40 AM   #40
RED72blazer
urban fourwheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeslim
This is easy.

if we go by this thoery than a 69 trans am ( 1 0f 669 or so) must be worth next to nothing. it's easily worth as much as a copo.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #41
raggedjim

71jimmy, the remark about the Yugo reminded me that when I went to the Truck Nats in Pigeon Forge this year there was a group of 5 Ford Pinto's that had been restored (not at the TRUCK show but parked along the strip). I actually stopped and talked to those guys (my granny used to have one...).

They are just as passionate about them as I am these old trucks, ain't it wierd? There's no accounting for taste, but those guys were having a good time.

Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:35 PM   #42
cypress TX 72

raggedjim,
I have to be careful myself in the late 80's I restored a 1971 Vega Sport and had the aluminum block resleaved to keep it real....
Geez what was I thinking... Although its still around, and the guy who drives it absolutley loves it...
crazy stuff...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #43
a1gatorz

Ok I have a 72 Chevy K-10 Blazer Heavy Half .Was an option in 71 &72!! Just finished nightmare swap to 68 GMC Truck frt. clip with the sloped hood.
Attached Images

a1gatorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:06 PM   #44
70rs/ss

Value is in the eye of the beholder. I agree, Blazers get more money than GMC's do. They are not that different, but in the market the chevy is more saught after. I own all Chevy's (my early model stuff) but I just bought an 05 Yukon XL so I guess I like them both and if you don't then that is your opinion. But if I look back, this was a what is the difference thread not a chevy is worth more than GMC? The main difference that I see is that GMC's came with leafs on most all of their stuff (truck or Jimmy) and Chevy's came with coils, so it is a matter of comfort over utility. I prefer the ride in my 2wd swb chevy over the ride in a swb jimmy with leafs, just me and I only haul @ss in my truck so a truck in the utility sense does not do anything for me.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:21 PM   #45
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED72blazer
if we go by this thoery than a 69 trans am ( 1 0f 669 or so) must be worth next to nothing. it's easily worth as much as a copo.

What? I beg to differ, COPO's bring the hurt as far as value. I do not think they offered a 69 TA that would compare to a COPO in value. I wouldn't own a 67-9 pontiac or newer, as I like the Camaro nose. I own a 70 Camaro and the pontiac brotheren of the same year is not pretty (IMO). Watch Barrett Jackson or look at ebay, the TA's just do not bring it home in the $$$ department.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:52 AM   #46
Gary 70 Jimmy

I was looking for a 69 or a 70 blazer when I found my jimmy and I could be just as happy if I had found a blazer. But I like the grill better on a Jimmy.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=177653
Gary 70 Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #47
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

I own a 72 Blazer, I would LUV to find a 67 GMC swb p/u, best of both worlds
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:08 PM   #48
special-K
Special Order

I`ve been into these trucks since they were everyday trucks,the current model.First of all,GMCs have always been sold as an upscale from a Chevy and they cost more new.They were sold at the more expensive than Chevy GM dealerships(Buick,Pontiac,Olds).After`72,they came together.The final Blending came with the 67-72s.At the beginning of this style there were different engines available.By the end they had all the same stuff,with standard spring design being the only mechanical difference.As these truck became more of a hobby truck,it was chevys that people wanted.One,because the cars are such favorites and two,because they were more common and well known.And,I`ll say three,because of the simple,clean,and timeless grillework.But,as years are passing and so many people have gotten into these trucks,it is the more unusual that stands out.Kinda like the Canadian cars that coincided with the American Novas and Chevelles.Or,Mercury and Fargo compared to Ford and Dodge pickups.Also,the grilles of the GMCs date them more.Anyway,I have not seen that one is worth more than the other.In fact,at the high end,a loaded short wide big block,shortbed K/10,or K/20 SierraGrande would bring more from what I have seen.So why not a loaded Jimmy?Maybe we`ve all seen different things.But this is what I know from over 30 years of paying attention to these things.Definately "my" opinion.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #49
Vlad

Hey all

not really sure where all of you are from,but around here 4wd jimmys and blazers pull in about the same $ for the same condition. From my personal experience
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #50
smokekiki
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
Hey all

not really sure where all of you are from,but around here 4wd jimmys and blazers pull in about the same $ for the same condition. From my personal experience
I agree.