The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2022, 10:30 AM   #2626
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Tim only problem is the guy you knocked out would probably win a lawsuit against you and the store . When I bought my 1/2 inch Dewalt impact I had to walk up to the register with an empty box they had the stock all locked up. They put the empty back on the shelf . A few days before two guys walked in grabbed 2 drills each and walked out.

Employees have been instructed not to stop or even approach the thief .
One of my son's fellow employees said something to a person walking out with some goods. The thief pulled out a taser. THAT one, the police followed up on.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 12:01 PM   #2627
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
People are moving to California because they raised the felony theft limit and the police won't even go after people for misdemeanor theft.
Partially correct. The police will do what they can within the confines of the law. It's the prosecuting agency, city or district attorney, who does not or will not prosecute the crimes. The CA or DA have "issuing guidelines" they have put in place that are more lenient than what the actual law states. So, as an example, misdemeanor theft has the bar at $950. The CA or DA won't even consider trying the case unless the valve of the property stolen is above $1500. I'm using San Diego as the example, since that was where I worked.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 12:03 PM   #2628
Rickysnickers

Quote:
One of my son's fellow employees said something to a person walking out with some goods. The thief pulled out a taser. THAT one, the police followed up on.
That's a flat out felony, a commercial robbery! I'd hope they would follow up on it.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:31 PM   #2629
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Partially correct. The police will do what they can within the confines of the law. It's the prosecuting agency, city or district attorney, who does not or will not prosecute the crimes. The CA or DA have "issuing guidelines" they have put in place that are more lenient than what the actual law states. So, as an example, misdemeanor theft has the bar at $950. The CA or DA won't even consider trying the case unless the valve of the property stolen is above $1500. I'm using San Diego as the example, since that was where I worked.
So if I see a guy robbing my house I'm supposed to say "Hey you forgot the TV, you don't have enough yet'.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:50 PM   #2630
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
OK, I was talking to my son about it, and he tells me that the store management won't do anything about it because they don't want the store to get a name for arresting people. Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me, either. They don't actually call the police, so I was wrong on that. They're not going to go after someone if they don't get a crime report.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-17-2022, 03:30 PM   #2631
special-K
Special Order

Sure seems they made a very simple thing way too complicated and ineffective. They need to consider giving thrives a reason to think twice in case they get caught. You know, consequences.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:06 PM   #2632
Boog
laying low

Other than an armed robbery they don't worry about small stuff since I guess all their merchandise is marked up a bit just to cover loss. Shrinkage. That store isn't going to lose.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:31 PM   #2633
72c20customcamper

On a lighter note cut and split two of the four trailer loads of wood I picked up at the farm last week . Have at least 10 more for next week from this one area . I still have to go into the woods and get more that the loggers left two years ago .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:00 AM   #2634
special-K
Special Order

Great to know you have all that wood. I should get back into these woods a friend had logged for the tops before the underbrush. It's been a couple years now as well. Only just was offered it. I'm doing work on the house, so plan to walk the woods to check access and make a plan while there

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-18-2022, 09:18 AM   #2635
yuccales

Went to do a little mowing yesterday. Had a runaway throttle. Took the carb off and saw this. (or lack of this) Pulled the head, knowing those screws went somewhere. Throttle plate was safe and sound in the intake. No damage to the cylinder. Both valves and seats are fine. They past my hokey leak down test. All de-carboned, cleaned up awaiting new head gasket, plug, and the all important throttle shaft screws. 17yrs something was bound to happen!
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #2636
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
So if I see a guy robbing my house I'm supposed to say "Hey you forgot the TV, you don't have enough yet'.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, seeing some of our posts, I suspect that is about the last thing you would do
Old 04-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #2637
Rickysnickers

Quote:
OK, I was talking to my son about it, and he tells me that the store management won't do anything about it because they don't want the store to get a name for arresting people. Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me, either. They don't actually call the police, so I was wrong on that. They're not going to go after someone if they don't get a crime report.
Yes, it seems a lot of the stores, in CA, are not calling the police anymore. Sadly, we all pay for this. Please don't think i was trying to call you out either or say that you were wrong!! That was not what I was trying to do.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:30 AM   #2638
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Yes, it seems a lot of the stores, in CA, are not calling the police anymore. Sadly, we all pay for this. Please don't think i was trying to call you out either or say that you were wrong!! That was not what I was trying to do.
Hey, no sweat.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-18-2022, 11:51 AM   #2639
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, seeing some of our posts, I suspect that is about the last thing you would do
Yeah. I live in a remote area. No real police presence here in the boonies. It takes them half an hour to get here. You have to learn to fend for yourself around here.

I have good neighbors. They watch my house when I'm not here and nobody would want to mess with them. They are some rough boys. Nobody has ever stolen anything from this house.

If someone tries to break into this place they ain't going to remember going back out. "Country Justice'

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:14 PM   #2640
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Went to do a little mowing yesterday. Had a runaway throttle. Took the carb off and saw this. (or lack of this) Pulled the head, knowing those screws went somewhere. Throttle plate was safe and sound in the intake. No damage to the cylinder. Both valves and seats are fine. They past my hokey leak down test. All de-carboned, cleaned up awaiting new head gasket, plug, and the all important throttle shaft screws. 17yrs something was bound to happen!
Sucking a little air, was it? That'll make 'em race. I'm glad nothing went through. I've had it happen on a Harley, manifold loose from the head, sat at partial throttle. No worries with loose screws. Fun ride home!

Tim

Old 04-18-2022, 02:16 PM   #2641
Boog
laying low

That piston and head look like it ingested bb's.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 05:17 PM   #2642
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I bet the screws were pounded into bbs before they exited the chamber.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-18-2022, 11:14 PM   #2643
yuccales

Quote:
I bet the screws were pounded into bbs before they exited the chamber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
That piston and head look like it ingested bb's.
One little piece of one screw was found. The rest? If all goes well, that baby will be up and running next couple of days.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:04 PM   #2644
72c20customcamper

Tried to find the problem with the clothes washer. It will randomly peep and flash "Unable to drain" drain it manually from the filter drain (front loader) start it again and it will work for days . Cleaned out the discharge hose nothing . Also checked the drain pipe to the dry well all clear as my Google search said if they were blocked or slow the machine would stop. My next step is to change out the pump .
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:21 PM   #2645
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

The top loader washer we had at our previous house quit pumping. I bailed out the water in the tub, got a drain pan and caught the rest, and dropped the pump. It had a bobby pin stuck in the impeller. I showed it to my wife, who said, "I don't use those!". As a result, every time I find a bobby pin laying around, I toss it in the trash. Neither I nor my three sons ever used bobby pins. I've been tossing them out for over 20 years. I think that they are breeding somewhere in a quiet corner of the house.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-19-2022, 09:25 PM   #2646
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Got home from work, went and got shop keys, I walked inside,
looked at my poor baby being neglected, walked back outside.

Diesel prices have me reduced to 1 day a week from 5, so it's
just stare at her, admire her, and dream about her the other 4.

As for the 72, similar story, looked at where it would be sitting
if she was home, obviously no work of my own is getting done.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:06 AM   #2647
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
The top loader washer we had at our previous house quit pumping. I bailed out the water in the tub, got a drain pan and caught the rest, and dropped the pump. It had a bobby pin stuck in the impeller. I showed it to my wife, who said, "I don't use those!". As a result, every time I find a bobby pin laying around, I toss it in the trash. Neither I nor my three sons ever used bobby pins. I've been tossing them out for over 20 years. I think that they are breeding somewhere in a quiet corner of the house.
They're not breeding in my corner...

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #2648
special-K
Special Order

Last year I had the fill valve go up on my washer. Yes, a top-loader, but to me that is just a washing machine. I built a laundry room in the back corner of my house, on a slab. So I realize the washer is still filling and go check. Shoot! water on the floor!! Took me an hour to dry it all up. Then I had to find a fill valve for the 35 year old machine. Ebay to the rescue, reconditioned used, 2yr warranty, $20 free shipping. And people were asking why I didn't just get a new washer. Cuz that would be dumb?

Last week my friend had the same problem with his washer. The only difference is, when they built their McMansion they put the laundry room on the second floor. Always looking for more convenience, folks these days do that so they don't have to carry laundry up and down steps. I've been doing that all these years without a thought. Never bought a stair-stepper gismo for exercise either. So his wife who doesn't work, for some reason puts a laundry load in before going to bed. The fill valve fails, so the pace flooded down to the main floor and on down to the finished basement. He still doesn't have the verdict from the adjuster, but his kitchen is gutted to bar studs, flooring all pulled up, many other areas stripped to the studs, including the basement. I'd guess at least $60k in damage. Good thing for insurance, but he tells me his policy carries a $10k deductible. Yeeouch! I guess my hour of sopping up water and $20 part doesn't seem so bad now. Neither does walking up and down the steps!

Tim

Old 04-20-2022, 08:33 AM   #2649
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I hauled another load of junk in yesterday. Everyone keeps screaming it's $400/ton but it hasn't hit here yet. Shred/junk cars is still only $180/ton. my load was only 2.5 tons but it's 2.5 tons of more crap gone.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:55 PM   #2650
72c20customcamper

A nice day in the woods .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.