The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2023, 09:54 PM   #1
DuckDuckMoose

Seat Identification Assistance

Good Evening All,

Just joined the forum and have been sifting through some information as I picked up my first C10 project recently. She's a long bed 2WD I6 (currently has a new unknown autolite carb I'm told), former 3 on the tree that after some research I was able to identify it being roughly converted to an SM420 4 speed. I'm going through it to get her to a road worthy state for weekend cruises and such. Wanted to see if anyone could help me identify what the bench seat is out of. Doesn't match any of the chevy stuff I've found up to '72. Seat is in really good shape and only the driver outer spring is broken so I will probably do a re-cover and try to find a way to mount it. Currently have the sliders off and it's sitting on the floor of the cab. I'm coming from the Jeep and aircooled VW world so this is all new to me for the most part but looking forward to learning more. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
Attached Images

DuckDuckMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 10:31 PM   #2
TKCR

Re: Seat Identification Assistance

Judging by the seat material pattern, 73-80. But the tracks are definitely 77-80.
I cold probably identify the seat better if I saw the underside and the hinge point, where it tilts.
Here’s a few pictures of the tracks, 77-80.
Need a better look at this area on your seat.
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 10-13-2023 at 11:08 PM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:01 PM   #3
TKCR

I see you’re in Westerville. Bellefontaine here. My brother lives in Westerville!
Welcome !
Old 10-13-2023, 11:40 PM   #4
TKCR

Did some looking around because I was sure I’ve seen that cover before, and I did. It’s a 78, so that’s why the tracks are correct, 77-80.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2023, 11:43 PM   #5
cwcarpenter98

Welcome! Look's like TKCR probably has you covered on the seat identification. She's extremely knowledgeable about seats

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:44 PM   #6
TKCR

This is what the hinge area should look like on that seat you have. I’m just not seeing the latch bolt of your seat.
The more I look at your seat, you may have a Poor Man’s seat, which is a thinner seat bottom foam. The one I’ve been showing in my pictures are a Full foam seat.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2023, 11:45 PM   #7
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Welcome! Look's like TKCR probably has you covered on the seat identification. She's extremely knowledgeable about seats
Thank you
Old 10-14-2023, 03:43 PM   #8
DuckDuckMoose

Thank you very much for the welcome carpenter and TKCR as well as identifying the seat so quickly. In place of what looks like a shouldered T30/T40 bolt mine has a hex bolt stuffed in there so it doesn't stand out very well in my initial picture (I should've zoomed in better). I also think the PO notched and fishplated it to get more recline out of it? That's my best guess anyway.
DuckDuckMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 04:13 PM   #9
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckDuckMoose View Post
Thank you very much for the welcome carpenter and TKCR as well as identifying the seat so quickly. In place of what looks like a shouldered T30/T40 bolt mine has a hex bolt stuffed in there so it doesn't stand out very well in my initial picture (I should've zoomed in better). I also think the PO notched and fishplated it to get more recline out of it? That's my best guess anyway.
Any parts you may need for your seat, just give a holler, I have parts since I restored these seats. I’m not anymore, but I still have some parts for them.