The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
mweishaa

New to the forum from AZ

Was glad to find this forum, looks like a great place!

I'll keep it short, basically I learned to drive a stick on my dad's 1966 Chevy w/3 on the tree back in the early 80s. I always loved that truck. Fast forward many years and I made the decision I had to have something similar. After searching, I ran across one on craigslist that was rough on the outside but solid and ran great. It's a 1964 GMC 1500 longbed stepside w/305v6, 4 speed. Whenever someone would see it they would say "cool truck... does it run?" Well, I got it back from paint a couple of weeks ago so it looks like a real runner now. I have some things to finish up on it to get it complete, but there will always be something to tinker with, which is why I love it.

Enough talking, here's the pics:

The color came out great, but was a bit brighter than I was expecting. It looked much more subdued on the paint chip. But I love it, especially in the low light.

Bed wood is done, just not installed. It is painted gray, and the metal strips are body color.

Does this bumper make my ass look fat?
I'm re-thinking the white stripe on the tailgate, but will wait until I get a small plain bumper to decide. Those hideous trailer lights have been replaced already.

I already have new clear signal lights in. One of my big decisions was what to do with the grille, and I am VERY VERY happy with how it turned out.

Last edited by mweishaa; 07-25-2011 at 11:38 AM.
mweishaa is offline   Reply With Quote