The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2022, 07:52 PM   #51
wickedred

Re: Flat-Out Engineering front end?

Rack is mounted. Waiting on the bump steer kit. Then I will see if this deal is gonna work or make to the scrap pile.

Before anyone ask. No it’s not worth the effort.
Attached Images

1971 C10. Auto Cross/Pro Touring Build. Project : I am gonna go broke with this one.

1970 Chevy LWB 4x4. 355, 4spd, Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear, 35x12.50 tires... STOLEN

I will put a Turbo on anything with an engine if the $$$ is right. Once upon a time....
wickedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #52
Joyridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedred View Post
Rack is mounted. Waiting on the bump steer kit. Then I will see if this deal is gonna work or make to the scrap pile.

Before anyone ask. No it’s not worth the effort.
Looking good! Hopefully you can figure the mess out to make it usable. I'm not sure who else makes them, but FatMan suspensions has their own style tie rod ends for that rack with an extended taper stud.
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #53
wickedred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
Looking good! Hopefully you can figure the mess out to make it usable. I'm not sure who else makes them, but FatMan suspensions has their own style tie rod ends for that rack with an extended taper stud.
I bought a Bump steer kit from Team Z Motorsports. It requires you to drill the spindle. I am determined to make it work.

1971 C10. Auto Cross/Pro Touring Build. Project : I am gonna go broke with this one.

1970 Chevy LWB 4x4. 355, 4spd, Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear, 35x12.50 tires... STOLEN

I will put a Turbo on anything with an engine if the $$$ is right. Once upon a time....
Old 06-14-2022, 07:50 AM   #54
Joyridin

Quote:
I bought a Bump steer kit from Team Z Motorsports. It requires you to drill the spindle. I am determined to make it work.
Having any luck getting the Flat-Out Wrong Engineering front end to work?
Old 06-18-2022, 12:20 PM   #55
wickedred

Quote:
Having any luck getting the Flat-Out Wrong Engineering front end to work?
I have been sitting here looking at it for a few months. I can make it work with the current Rack and Pinion. Just leaning more towards the Sweet MFG servo racks. I seem to Hate Money and can't make up my mind what direction I am going with the C10 in general.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM   #56
SCOTI

Quote:
I have been sitting here looking at it for a few months. I can make it work with the current Rack and Pinion. Just leaning more towards the Sweet MFG servo racks. I seem to Hate Money and can't make up my mind what direction I am going with the C10 in general.
Hate sounds so harsh 🤣
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 12:43 PM   #57
wickedred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Hate sounds so harsh 🤣
LOL. To many expensive hobbies between me and my two boys. In the process of an aluminum head 383 swap in my 1984 K5 Blazer daily driver. you know, sense 93 octane gas is $5 a gallon.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:39 AM   #58
SCOTI

Quote:
LOL. To many expensive hobbies between me and my two boys. In the process of an aluminum head 383 swap in my 1984 K5 Blazer daily driver. you know, sense 93 octane gas is $5 a gallon.
I hear ya. Crazy thing is try to find a performance based 'built' motor that can live on the cheap swill. I've been seeking combo's that would live on 87 but still make good power. Larger stroked displacement to offset the lower compression. It's been harder than I thought finding something.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 06-20-2022, 08:40 AM   #59
Joyridin

Quote:
I hear ya. Crazy thing is try to find a performance based 'built' motor that can live on the cheap swill. I've been seeking combo's that would live on 87 but still make good power. Larger stroked displacement to offset the lower compression. It's been harder than I thought finding something.
That is why I went with this LT engine. 11.5 CR on pump 89 octane. Can't beat that and with a 6 speed auto, it should get some decent mileage.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2022, 08:44 AM   #60
SCOTI

Quote:
That is why I went with this LT engine. 11.5 CR on pump 89 octane. Can't beat that and with a 6 speed auto, it should get some decent mileage.
I should have mentioned 'on a budget'. Swapping to the newest GEN GM motors is a wise choice if one is prepared for the level of investment. I can't swing that coin & imagine there are many others in the boat w/me.

I was reading some details on them & they are technologically impressive.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 06-20-2022, 08:48 AM   #61
Joyridin

Quote:
I should have mentioned 'on a budget'. Swapping to the newest GEN GM motors is a wise choice if one is prepared for the level of investment. I can't swing that coin & imagine there are many others in the boat w/me.

You will have $6k in a used engine if you install it yourself. That would include headers, driveshaft, engine, trans, and wiring modification. Not really a bad deal when you consider what a rebuilt engine would cost. You can pick the L83 up for under $4k with pretty low mileage. The one I found had 30k for $3500 with trans.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:28 AM   #62
SCOTI

Quote:
You will have $6k in a used engine if you install it yourself. That would include headers, driveshaft, engine, trans, and wiring modification. Not really a bad deal when you consider what a rebuilt engine would cost. You can pick the L83 up for under $4k with pretty low mileage. The one I found had 30k for $3500 with trans.
I've seen them & 100% agree they're the way to go if you're jumping in the technology end of the pool.

I dont care fot the 6/8speed transmissions. I like to be able to manually shift when desired & don't care for paddle shift options. I'm wading in the kiddie pool
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 06-21-2022, 07:23 AM   #63
Joyridin

Quote:
I've seen them & 100% agree they're the way to go if you're jumping in the technology end of the pool.

I dont care fot the 6/8speed transmissions. I like to be able to manually shift when desired & don't care for paddle shift options. I'm wading in the kiddie pool
I do not have paddle shift. It is literally a 3 way toggle switch that returns to center. I have to come up with something better, but I rarely upshift or downshift manually anyhow.
Old 06-22-2022, 07:01 AM   #64
wickedred

Quote:
Quote:
Truck looks awesome Bro. I'd love to find an LT engine trans setup for $3500'ish. I'd go that way in a heartbeat at this point.

Old 06-23-2022, 07:18 AM   #65
Joyridin

Quote:
Truck looks awesome Bro. I'd love to find an LT engine trans setup for $3500'ish. I'd go that way in a heartbeat at this point.
It is an L83 and they are not super hard to find for that price range. The L86 (6.2l) jumps the price about $2-3k. Throw in a cam, headers, lifters, do a tune and you have a bit over 450 hp. Add an intake and you are over 500. Not bad for a little 5.3 liter.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:12 PM   #66
The Rocknrod

Quote:

I'm still getting 16mpg on mine.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:05 PM   #67
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
I'm still getting 16mpg on mine.
Brother..... You don't have to sell me on an OG SBC!
While not as efficient, it can do well enough that it doesn't matter.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 06-27-2022, 06:46 AM   #68
wickedred

Buddy of mine that I do some turbo fab work for gave me a L83 5.3L. needs some work and I am gonna go through it anyway. So the C10 engine is taken care of.

Last edited by wickedred; 06-28-2022 at 06:46 AM.