The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2023, 09:02 PM   #1
CJM72

Remove a leaf to lower Tuff Country EZ Ride Springs

I have a 1972 K5 that I'm installing 2" EZ Ride Tuff country front springs. The existing springs were the stock 2 leafs with an add-a-leaf in there for a little lift. I realize the original springs and bushings were shot, but with the add-a-leaf I was hoping the new springs would only add about an 1" of height. Stock front fender arch height was 39 5/8".

Well, after the first spring went on, I'm at about 41 7/8". Almost 2.25" taller! I'm sure these will settle 1/2 over time, but that will still probably be too high for my liking. The options are to get different springs, pull these and have them re-arched, or to try removing a leaf or two. Has anyone removed a leaf or two from the 2" EZ-Ride springs? Will this soften the ride too much? They are a progressive 5 leaf pack. I'm considering pulling the shortest one out, but not sure how much height I'll lose. The nice weather is rolling in and I'd like to get this on the road! Thanks

Last edited by LockDoc; 04-17-2023 at 01:57 PM.
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote