The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2022, 10:13 PM   #1
ChevyC102007

1987 GMC "Patch" build

I just recently (last week) bought a 1987 GMC Sierra Classic 4x4. PO said the truck was at 90% when I bought it but after looking at the things that are left undone Id estimate it at almost 85% complete, luckily all the heavy rust repair appears to have already been done all that's left is some electrical (windows, rear lights, radio, multifunction switch) Exhaust, brakes and a tune up.

Right now the goal is to do as much as I can to make sure it passes PA State inspection. I have the muffler (Summit 3" welded turbo muffler) and pipe to cobble together a 3" inch exhaust for it since right now it doesnt have anything beyond the y-pipe, thats the project for this weekend, along with replacing the light on the front that's out and rewiring the tail/brake/marker/ and back up light (po had the bed off and cut the original wiring harness)

I also plan to try and get the wipers working which should be fun as this will be my first try at replacing a multifunction switch with cruise on one of these old trucks, wish me luck lol

All in all its a pretty solid truck and with abit more TLC (and $$$$) itll be a dang good truck.

2001 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 4x4. (old ride)
1987 GMC V1500 Sierra Classic ("new" ride)

Last edited by ChevyC102007; 07-23-2022 at 11:23 AM.
ChevyC102007 is offline   Reply With Quote