The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2021, 01:08 AM   #11
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

So I got into it after posting the last pics and actually did some work on the ol girl.

The Lokar accelerator floormount pedal, brake pedal pad and highbeam pad have been installed.

I also made up a brake return spring. This mounts between the factory spring hole on the pedal and a new l bracket I made and bolted to the top of the CPP underbody brake booster setup.

I woke about 2am this morning thinking that I never remounted the rear calipers before testing the brake pedal spring and pad mounting.... I was right. As such the piston was fully pushed out binding the two pads the to outside and it was a mission to get them unbound even with the bleeder released, but I got there in the end.

So after that I set to and decided to try and fix the rear rake issue the 58 has with the C4 rear kit installed and on the lowest setting with the aldan coilover (as supplied by Don at Floatout).

I ended up making an L plate that mounts on top of the chassis and allows the rear perch to be mounted 1.5" higher than designed. I can't see any reason it wont work but until the paint dries and I mount it and drop the rear I wont know for sure. I can always raise it slightly if required

Youtube Video can be found here.
Attached Images

QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote