The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2023, 02:33 PM   #1
Brians59

Brian’s 59 Apache Fleetside project

Hi All,
My build that I am working on is a 1959 Chev Apache Fleetside. I know some may frown but I am building a napco clone using a mid 2000s Yukon. I am attempting to use all of the electronics/wiring and other stuff from the Yukon - steering column and controls, 4x4, ABS, traction control, etc. and it has been a slow go.
I am reaching out to say hi and see if I can get some opinions on a few of the decisions I still have to make.

I have purchased a cowl vent omit plate and I am planning on closing up that system. Partially because I need the space for Yukon wiring, speakers, etc. and partially because I don’t want any mice to get into this as it will be an outside truck.

I have a question about the vintage air system. I bought the universal slimline model that has both a heater and A/C but no fresh air source. The questions is do I install it as is, or build a fresh air source? Has anyone done this? I was thinking to either add a vent under the fender or a pop up style.

Please share your thoughts.
Brian
Attached Images