The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2022, 11:41 PM   #1
ProjectHarold72

Torque Specs For Water Pump & Crank Pulley

So I've made several attempts to find this through search, read a ton of posts that I thought might have the info but didn't and searched the big wide web as well as looked in the manual and only found a mix of info.

Hoping to confirm water pump torque on a 402 BBC. I've seen 30lbs and 35lbs. Probably not much of a difference between the two but for my nerves, I'm going to ask.

For the crank pulley, I have yet to see numbers but more 3 ugga duggas, a bit of goodentite and other funny additives. If anyone has thoughts on that, it would be helpful as I put this front end back together. Cheers!
ProjectHarold72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:55 PM   #2
mr.mud1

Re: Torque Specs For Water Pump & Crank Pulley

hi Art,30 ft lbs on the water pump bolts,put some sealant on the threads on any bolts that go into water.85 ft lbs on the bolt holding on the harmonic balancer,lubed with oil,if you had if off.if nobody answers,i'll lookup the pulley bolt torque values in the morning,my shop manual is out in the shop.take care.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:08 AM   #3
ProjectHarold72

Thumbs up Re: Torque Specs For Water Pump & Crank Pulley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
hi Art,30 ft lbs on the water pump bolts,put some sealant on the threads on any bolts that go into water.85 ft lbs on the bolt holding on the harmonic balancer,lubed with oil,if you had if off.if nobody answers,i'll lookup the pulley bolt torque values in the morning,my shop manual is out in the shop.take care.
Hey Greg. Thanks for answering buddy. I meant to throw that into my email but forgot so I figured I would post here. Thanks for the info as always. Hoping to wrap this last important piece up for an upcoming episode so I can move on to the next part/episode. LOL.
ProjectHarold72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:01 AM   #4
mr.mud1

Re: Torque Specs For Water Pump & Crank Pulley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectHarold72 View Post
Hey Greg. Thanks for answering buddy. I meant to throw that into my email but forgot so I figured I would post here. Thanks for the info as always. Hoping to wrap this last important piece up for an upcoming episode so I can move on to the next part/episode. LOL.
hi Art,i looked through several of the GM service manuals i have for these old trucks and cars,but couldn't find a torque value for the balancer pulley bolts but did find a torque value sheet for a Chevy big block crate engine and it said 40 ft lbs for the balancer pulley bolts.it wouldn't be a huge number,40 won't hurt you.all the best.Greg.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote