The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2022, 06:11 PM   #2526
mr.mud1

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
What do they call those tires,never seen those type before,I have industrial tires on my Kioti DS4510
hi,those tires are a new Goodyear tire,R14T.i ordered them on this tractor cause i'd read some favourable reviews.Goodyear calls them a Hybrid Tire,whatever that means??evidently they combined several different treads,the turf tire,ag tire,construction tire and who knows what else to come up with these.take care.Greg
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:59 PM   #2527
special-K
Special Order

Looks like an AG tire with big fat sipes, maybe for wet road braking?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:59 PM   #2528
Boog
laying low

Should get along in the mud and snow pretty good.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:52 AM   #2529
TALLone71

I went to my best friends house, and mocked up all of the front sheet metal, and fit the doors, for him on his 68 firebird, a lot of new panels, and a slightly bowed hood I had to get flattened out a bit...a little finesse, and some patience, shimming, tapping with the body hammers here and there and its looking strait and ready for final priming and blocking out...I know whats coming on my next day over at his house!..i might as well put my sanding blocks in the truck now!
Old 04-08-2022, 01:05 AM   #2530
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Looks like an AG tire with big fat sipes, maybe for wet road braking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
i'm not sure what their thinking was or whether or not wet road conditions were consideration?i don't plan for road use,but you never say never?

i'm sure it'll work fine around here in the woods,out in the fields and when winter comes again,we'll see how it works in the snow.it's all good.take care.Greg
Old 04-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #2531
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Mud? Snow? But it's so pretty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLone71 View Post
I went to my best friends house, and mocked up all of the front sheet metal, and fit the doors, for him on his 68 firebird, a lot of new panels, and a slightly bowed hood I had to get flattened out a bit...a little finesse, and some patience, shimming, tapping with the body hammers here and there and its looking strait and ready for final priming and blocking out...I know whats coming on my next day over at his house!..i might as well put my sanding blocks in the truck now!
So it's what you did today not on your truck, but on someone else's car... tomorrow too . That's a good friend. I'm way slowed down on my truck play these days. On my own that is. I enjoy helping others just to be involved with what I like to do. It's nice to see things come together even when it's not yours.

Rain rain rain all day. I didn't have things I needed to get things done that were only inside. I did break out more concrete around the drain pipe in my 1st floor shower so I can set the drain lower before starting tile work. It was raining heavy, so couldn't mix up the thin set outside. Just getting into this shower job that has been sitting many years. A winter project I didn't get to. Moving forward on it now

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-08-2022, 08:47 AM   #2532
Boog
laying low

Oh man. I've got plenty of those to do things myself. Just getting up the drive to do them is my problem.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #2533
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Mud? Snow? But it's so pretty!

So it's what you did today not on your truck, but on someone else's car... tomorrow too . That's a good friend. I'm way slowed down on my truck play these days. On my own that is. I enjoy helping others just to be involved with what I like to do. It's nice to see things come together even when it's not yours.

Rain rain rain all day. I didn't have things I needed to get things done that were only inside. I did break out more concrete around the drain pipe in my 1st floor shower so I can set the drain lower before starting tile work. It was raining heavy, so couldn't mix up the thin set outside. Just getting into this shower job that has been sitting many years. A winter project I didn't get to. Moving forward on it now
it is pretty,i already waxed it once.i'm a lost cause??but it's made to play in the dirt so off we go and make it dirty.the dealer threw in a new Echo pressure washer so they know it's going to be a mess at some point.it's all good.take care.Greg
Old 04-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #2534
special-K
Special Order

Yeah well the wax will do more than make it shiny for sure. Keep up on it like that and it will be looking great a very long time. Just don't forget to scrub the mud off the tires

Boog, like I said, that shower has been out of order many years. Curtain pulled shut and I just go in there to pee. I don't even do that very often. I'm usually upstairs or outside.

I need to get serious about my two major projects, moving the barn and the cellar dig-out/lay-up block ones. Both are pretty far along, but to have them off my slate will be enormous. I look at small things that need done and tell myself I can't be getting myself too spread out. I do try to always have a smaller task I can jump to when a big project gets stalled. But the shower tile is pretty big for a small one. To have that done will also me enormous. As it's been, I don't even think about it. I want to not think about it because it's done!

The more I do the closer I get to nothing better to do but mess with my trucks. They, too, have had to be waiting.

To move that barn I had to build a pavilion to store things from inside the barn while doing the move. I built it last year, about a year and a half ago. It's only temporary, made to easily disassemble and reconstruct somewhere else (as a carport). I was thinking what a good thing it is that I did that last year and not this year, with the way the cost of materials has gone up. This project requires a lot of temporary construction, temporary support posts and beams, cinder block connector walls, cross-beams from wall to wall, and misc. bracing. Probably more spent on temporary materials than permanent. et this done I'll be able to move back in freshly organized, get my slab work area back, and gain a carport for my '72 K2500.

Then it's get all the cinder block stacks to disappear into the cellar. I stay motivated to see these things through, so I can start talking about something else

Tim

Old 04-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #2535
special-K
Special Order

Yeah well the wax will do more than make it shiny for sure. Keep up on it like that and it will be looking great a very long time. Just don't forget to scrub the mud off the tires

Boog, like I said, that shower has been out of order many years. Curtain pulled shut and I just go in there to pee. I don't even do that very often. I'm usually upstairs or outside.

I need to get serious about my two major projects, moving the barn and the cellar dig-out/lay-up block ones. Both are pretty far along, but to have them off my slate will be enormous. I look at small things that need done and tell myself I can't be getting myself too spread out. I do try to always have a smaller task I can jump to when a big project gets stalled. But the shower tile is pretty big for a small one. To have that done will also me enormous. As it's been, I don't even think about it. I want to not think about it because it's done!

The more I do the closer I get to nothing better to do but mess with my trucks. They, too, have had to be waiting.

To move that barn I had to build a pavilion to store things from inside the barn while doing the move. I built it last year, about a year and a half ago. It's only temporary, made to easily disassemble and reconstruct somewhere else (as a carport). I was thinking what a good thing it is that I did that last year and not this year, with the way the cost of materials has gone up. This project requires a lot of temporary construction, temporary support posts and beams, cinder block connector walls, cross-beams from wall to wall, and misc. bracing. Probably more spent on temporary materials than permanent. et this done I'll be able to move back in freshly organized, get my slab work area back, and gain a carport for my '72 K2500.

Then it's get all the cinder block stacks to disappear into the cellar. I stay motivated to see these things through, so I can start talking about something else

Tim

Old 04-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #2536
Rickysnickers

That's a really nice tractor!
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 02:35 PM   #2537
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
That's a really nice tractor!
thank you sir.first tractor i've ever owned so it'll be a learning experience.i have a bunch of work to do around here.i could've hired it all out but then you're waiting til they can get around to it.i figured i'd do it myself.once i get the paint work done on my truck and that'll be soon,i'll get busy on the tractor.take care.Greg
Old 04-08-2022, 06:11 PM   #2538
Rickysnickers

We have 10 acres and I would use it to mow down some of the chaparral we have around here, for a nice big fire break. Could also till the lower pasture. Oh well, enjoy it!!!
Old 04-08-2022, 07:17 PM   #2539
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
We have 10 acres and I would use it to mow down some of the chaparral we have around here, for a nice big fire break. Could also till the lower pasture. Oh well, enjoy it!!!
A fire break is the main reason I want a tractor. We've had some really close calls up here with fires. I'll mow my property, my neighbors property, Whatever helps. I DO NOT like brush fires.

My neighbor has a tractor. He used to clear the brush and keep the dirt road smooth, but he's pretty old now. He really can't do it anymore. I offered to buy his tractor but he won't sell it. He's a tough old guy. He's not ready to give up yet. I admire that.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:44 PM   #2540
Warrens69GMC

Went and did some bartering, agreed to put the front grill and bumper, Etc... on the front of this S10 for dual exhaust on my C10. Yes there were other parts given to the person doing the exhaust. He didn't have time to figure out how everything was supposed to go back. took me 3 hours. This included cleaning and painting, otherwise it would take me less time.
Attached Images

Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:33 PM   #2541
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
Went and did some bartering, agreed to put the front grill and bumper, Etc... on the front of this S10 for dual exhaust on my C10. Yes there were other parts given to the person doing the exhaust. He didn't have time to figure out how everything was supposed to go back. took me 3 hours. This included cleaning and painting, otherwise it would take me less time.
I like that. The world needs more barter deals like that

Tim

Old 04-08-2022, 08:51 PM   #2542
Warrens69GMC

I got rid of stuff i may never use, and he got exactly what he needed, so its a win/win
Old 04-08-2022, 11:30 PM   #2543
mr.mud1

Quote:
yes sir.we have about 8 acres here,some i mow,some is trees and across the road there's about 6 more acres where my dad was born,the old house and barn is long gone now but mowing over there too.i have some drainage ditches to dig.momma wants to expand her garden and a greenhouse,i think there's alot of work for a machine like this,we'll give it shot.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:50 AM   #2544
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
A fire break is the main reason I want a tractor. We've had some really close calls up here with fires. I'll mow my property, my neighbors property, Whatever helps. I DO NOT like brush fires.

My neighbor has a tractor. He used to clear the brush and keep the dirt road smooth, but he's pretty old now. He really can't do it anymore. I offered to buy his tractor but he won't sell it. He's a tough old guy. He's not ready to give up yet. I admire that.
I hate fires as well. I was evacuated from my house in '03 and '07 when the fires ravaged San Diego. I was working during the one in '03. We were sent all around the city to help do whatever we could. I drove down Pomerado Rd. It was on fire still, but the firemen had moved on to save structures. It was the closest thing to hell I could imagine.
Old 04-09-2022, 04:24 PM   #2545
72c20customcamper

Back flushed the radiator that came out of the Chevelle found the cause of my overheating issue. I thought it was rust but it turns out to be what looks like a rodents nest. Backstory car was apart and either the mouse got into the rad through the inlet/outlet or the engine itself . Totally my own fault so I called the builder to apologize that I blamed him .

I used water and 60 psi air after I took the petcock valve out I bet there was a lot more that missed the bucket
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 04-09-2022 at 04:41 PM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:38 PM   #2546
Warrens69GMC

Nasty!
Old 04-09-2022, 04:40 PM   #2547
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
Nasty!
No bones so I guess they got out before I buttoned up the car
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:39 PM   #2548
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
No bones so I guess they got out before I buttoned up the car
I hope it didn't smell as bad as it looks.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 05:42 PM   #2549
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I hope it didn't smell as bad as it looks.
Just smelled like antifreeze . No gagging involved, wife said "Nice you have an extra now "
As I m looking on Facebook for another Chevelle
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:18 PM   #2550
3757chevy

We went to my Mother in Law's to watch the exchange of her 1999 trade in for a 2014, and then go for a drive with her as co pilot. Then I took my granddaughter next and my Wife last and I could have just kept driving. She had bought the 99 in 2000 and was sad to watch it go . But the 2014 only has 21550 miles was a one owner.
Attached Images

MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote