The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2020, 10:10 AM   #1
TrybalRage

Re: First time swap started

Got the shift linkage hooked up. I read conflicting information on whether the stock linkage would work or not. When I had the pivot bracket in the factory location, it was binding and would not allow me to drop the shift lever past R. So I moved the bracket forward one bolt hole, and drilled a new hole in the frame for the forward bolt.

(pic from mockup before I drilled the new hole)

Now, counting the 'clicks' I can drop it all the way down to 1 if I wanted to without issue.

Toughest thing was drilling at a bit of an angle. New drill bits but they kept wanting to walk on me. So I used my dremel to make a small divot first, then a 1/4" bit to start the hole, then 3/8" bit to finish.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
skyphix

Re: First time swap started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
Got the shift linkage hooked up. I read conflicting information on whether the stock linkage would work or not. When I had the pivot bracket in the factory location, it was binding and would not allow me to drop the shift lever past R. So I moved the bracket forward one bolt hole, and drilled a new hole in the frame for the forward bolt.

(pic from mockup before I drilled the new hole)

Now, counting the 'clicks' I can drop it all the way down to 1 if I wanted to without issue.

Toughest thing was drilling at a bit of an angle. New drill bits but they kept wanting to walk on me. So I used my dremel to make a small divot first, then a 1/4" bit to start the hole, then 3/8" bit to finish.

Nice work overall! Excellent progress. I was able to tweak and tune my factory shift linkage to get it to work enough to drive (I only get down to D - not 3/2/1) by bending the shift arm that goes from the pivot to the side of the transmission on my 4L80E - which I installed the linkage U connector from my TH350 on. Your solution is a lot more elegant and probably offers a lot more flexibility. Nice work.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote