The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
bowmans_army

1955 big back window named RUSTY cummins to be......

well my wife bought me this 55 big back window 3200 long box for my birthday for 400 bucks. of course i did all the work to bring it home plus the 2 hour drive into no were Colorado. This build is going to be a body swap onto my 91 dodge cummins 4x4 when the body is fixed. it is rusted out every were from the cowl down on each pillar driver side floor steps rockers cab corners and this is just the cab. you might wonder why i would go through all this trouble one its a big back window cab two i am an ase tek can fix anything build rock crawlers can weld good but dont know a lot about sheet metal so i figure that after i fix all this i will be good to go with body work good skill to put into my tool box (mind) while these are my reason so no why not just cab swap it bla bla blaaaa.
firs thing i did was strip the cab and find all the rust.

then i took the metal roof sheeting off the floor and found out that it had a lot of roof tar on it and huge holes.

also this truck was fixed probably like 20 plus years ago but ****ty cut an old truck apart and welded steps over the rusted steeps now i have too rusted out steps to deal with. and all the foam stuffed into the vent rust area ya

bowmans_army is offline   Reply With Quote