The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

C10 drop member......

look at the video i found on you tube...... another competitor

its not on their site yet because i checked haha

FULL CROSSMEMBER KIT INCREASES GROUND CLEARANCE BY 3" AND NARROWS TRACK WIDTH BY 3". ALLOWS THE TRUCK TO LAY FRAME UP TO A 33" TALL TIRE

Last edited by project 67 sub; 11-12-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: C10 dropmember......

Saw this in a magazine the other day and almost puked. I'll bet the build quality is waaaay better than Porterbuilt...
Posted via Mobile Device

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 11-12-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

i bet
Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

More AIM, Chassis Tech, AirBagIt crap.
They've got balls calling it a Drop(space)Member.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
Rochlow

Hate that company and Joe Marrow..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
SBTork
Garage wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochlow View Post
Hate that company and Joe Marrow..
Posted via Mobile Device
I will second that!

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
Old 11-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
More AIM, Chassis Tech, AirBagIt crap.
They've got balls calling it a Drop(space)Member.
That show's their integrity right there..... They didn't even have the decency to call it something different. They just changed the name by 10% to beat the system.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I wonder if Nate has a copyright on the name. If so, I would sue the snot out of those scum bags.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 11-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
broey
Square

So, its bad to have choices? I heard price range is about 1800 for the chassis tech version. If thats true, it could help out a lot of people that cant fork out the ridiculous price of the other options out there... I have a friend who saw one in person. He said it looks legit. Im all for ANYONE who makes parts for the trucks we love.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
c10seconds

Waste of money period.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:17 AM   #11
19fiftybomb

What does it matter if another company is making a drop memeber? if you dont like it then dont buy it? There is a bunch of companys building "mustang II" front ends and no one is saying anything about them.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
andrewmp6

I just don't trust them i have seen too many of the a arms with some hack looking welds.Nate's welds i trust my life with airbagit stuff i sure don't trust to use.If money is a problem scotts has a bolt in ifs what will lay frame.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #13
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

i sent Nate a pm yesterday about it with a link to this thread, i cant wait to see what he says if he would posts in here
Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 AM   #14
edflores

Why wast money, when you can buy quality parts built by a knowledgeable person in Nats's dropmember.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #15
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by broey View Post
So, its bad to have choices? I heard price range is about 1800 for the chassis tech version. If thats true, it could help out a lot of people that cant fork out the ridiculous price of the other options out there... I have a friend who saw one in person. He said it looks legit. Im all for ANYONE who makes parts for the trucks we love.
Having choices isn't a bad thing. Ripping off someones R/D and using the same name to create an inferior copy is just wrong.

Based on the long standing record of inferior quality product and nightmare customer service that AIM/Chassis Tech/airbaggit..com have, why would you even consider supporting those scam-masters?

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 11-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #16
belowme51

Re: C10 drop member......

"members only" !!! I back Nate Porter and Porterbuilt all the way, Idont care if someone says you can lay 30's with their "drop(space)member) I will alway give my business to Porterbuilt street rods, he is the originator for the for our trucks and spends every day dedicated to our trucks.....no big mass production company can compete with his product #1, #2 his attention to detail with welds is top notch, and #3 you can actually talk to the guy who makes the real deal! Good luck for that other company as I seen it too at SEMA but Porterbuilt is always on the top of my list!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #17
belowme51

its a nice form of flattery for Porterbuilt, they all want to be like him,,,,,,he has dominated this market for our trucks....I have numerous pictures of trucks from SEMA that are running Porterbuilt equipment, people want a great product but more importantly they want a real person that actually does the work, research, etc etc to be able to do business with.....there is not dollar amount that can capture that.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
broey
Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Having choices isn't a bad thing. Ripping off someones R/D and using the same name to create an inferior copy is just wrong.
If this is the case, then I hope your truck is 100% origional. If it has any after market parts or any re-pops from lmc, than thats the same thing. If its bagged, And not bagged by the first person who ever designed a bag set up, than thats also the same thing. If its static dropped, is it using parts from the first company to ever sell that kit? if not, thats the same thing. I used an engine driven compressor from chassic tech. It sat for 3 years before I installed it. In that time I lost my installation instructions. I called chassis tech, even though they didnt offer that set up anymore, they went into their files, found the information I needed and went over it step by step with me. without once giving me a hard time. It might be cool on this forum to hate on them, But I know a ton of people that have used them and had great experiences.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #19
belowme51

Quote:
Originally Posted by broey View Post
If this is the case, then I hope your truck is 100% origional. If it has any after market parts or any re-pops from lmc, than thats the same thing. If its bagged, And not bagged by the first person who ever designed a bag set up, than thats also the same thing. If its static dropped, is it using parts from the first company to ever sell that kit? if not, thats the same thing. I used an engine driven compressor from chassic tech. It sat for 3 years before I installed it. In that time I lost my installation instructions. I called chassis tech, even though they didnt offer that set up anymore, they went into their files, found the information I needed and went over it step by step with me. without once giving me a hard time. It might be cool on this forum to hate on them, But I know a ton of people that have used them and had great experiences.

Its not about haveing parts that other people have made to compete in this huge market......this is about a little loyalty(well to me any ways) but the fact that Nate developed the Dropmember a long time ago and re designed it several times as well.....thats dedication and care about the end user.....of course there is always something similar that is an option or there would not be so many catalogs with the same stuff in it just with different names. Porterbuilt designed the Dropmember and to see another company sell close to the same thing claiming similar results is fine but the fact that the call it the "Drop Member" is a shallow way to gain market share from those who really dont know about the real deal and something that is a copy. Im proud to be able in my lifetime atleast to be able to say that my truck was built using parts from the originator of the Dropmember, which alot cant do. I wish them good luck but my alliance is with Porterbuilt Streetrods. Nate has put in his work on this to perfection and you can see it in ever single part that he sells. its kinda like haveing Bob Grant build your truck instead of a different customizer. There is a little bit of that "Bob Grant built this" feeling as we all know how phenominal he is. To make the name the name is shallow and as I said a way to steal market share from those un informed consumers.....alll they see is the word drop member and they think they got the real deal. Im in a business when its like this all the time where we all sale the same stuff and same hours, etc etc, and these companies will go as far as using the same colors of building to distract and confuse the consumer that they are at the "right place"....its business. I have Nates Back 100% being that I know what the guy has been thru for the most part to make the real Dropmember and I appreciate that. Members Only
Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #20
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

broey you can defend those scumbags it if it makes you feel better about running their garbage, but AIM has been scamming people for years, and nothing has changed. They are bottom feeders that thrive off people that don't mind paying less for inferior quality crap. This is not the first time they have blatantly copied another product on the market and used a similar name and it won't be the last.

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #21
19fiftybomb

I hope you have the frist gen on the portabuilt drop member cus your frame is now twisted.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:24 AM   #22
andrewmp6

There is other knock offs out there ******************* has two but they are priced about the same as nates but i would buy from either of them way before airbagit.A engine driven compressor is hard to mess up its a mount and a old york ac compressor.Look at the welds on anything airbagit sells they look like chewed bubble gum a good weld should look like a roll of nickles.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #23
Rochlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
broey you can defend those scumbags it if it makes you feel better about running their garbage, but AIM has been scamming people for years, and nothing has changed. They are bottom feeders that thrive off people that don't mind paying less for inferior quality crap. This is not the first time they have blatantly copied another product on the market and used a similar name and it won't be the last.
x2!!!!

I remember a few years back Joe Morrow threatening every forum with a lawsuit if people kept giving his products bad reviews. Guy is a bully and a joke! He's like the guy from "Coming to America".. Mcdowell's instead of McDonanld's...
Old 11-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #24
Pop's C-10

I thought bash threads of anykind were not allowed
Old 11-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #25
broey
Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
There is other knock offs out there ******************* has two but they are priced about the same as nates but i would buy from either of them way before airbagit.A engine driven compressor is hard to mess up its a mount and a old york ac compressor.Look at the welds on anything airbagit sells they look like chewed bubble gum a good weld should look like a roll of nickles.
its not a york so, you are wrong. and the welds on the brackets I got from them are really good. so you are wrong again.