The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2024, 07:51 PM   #31
mxerhale

Re: 1971 GMC Donald

I'm not sure if I mentioned somewhere earlier that I put in a 3 port Mac valve and an electronic boost controller that would hopefully allow me to adjust boost on the fly. After doing a bunch of data logs I decided to do some back to back tests and found out quickly the boost controller was doing nothing! Lots of more reading online and looking at Holley schematics helped me figure out where I went wrong and now it functions great. I can turn it down to about 4.5 psi and have still not gotten brave enough (nor had the need for!) anything over 9 psi. I typically keep it between 5 and 7.5 psi for just driving around in case I need a little passing power. I have it setup as boost by MPH in the Terminator X software and that seems to make it much more civilized.

Another thing that I haven't mentioned is my heater setup. I'm not a big fan of cold weather or being cold, but my 4" exhaust made me delete the original heater box so I got creative and installed a smaller one in the cab behind the glove box. My friend built me a little PWM controller so that the blower motor is essentially controlled by a rheostat and I ran some Amazon hoses to the defrost vents and one extra vent dumps on the foot well of the passenger side.

Last but not least, my friend finally found me an honest to goodness GMC front bumper! It came off of a Carryall and it has the perfect patina to match my truck.
Attached Images