The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
npc1

1970 Chevy AKA "Hammer"

Ok Ive had truck for a little bit and figured I would go ahead and start a build thread. She is a 1970 chevy that I have decided to nickname "Hammer" (Yes I know there is a sweet little road runner with the name Hammer) A little about me first. I worked for a shop called KillerRidez doing air ride set ups on all sorts of cars and trucks and my father and uncle have built many cars from the ground up in their lives so needless to say Ive around custom cars along time. I decided when I bought this truck that I would build it exactly the way I wanted and I didn't care how long it took. My first though was put this thing on the ground and shave everything and put a little 5.3 in a drive it. I bought my drop member from Nate at PorterBuilt and then Nate went and made a coil-over version of it and all my thoughts of laying it out went out the window. So I gave Nate a call and asked what I needed to do make my extreme dropmember to take coil over instead of bags. Nate said its no big deal Ill make you a set of custom upper mounts.(Should be here in a week or two) So I ordered the control arms and the upper mounts and went to town on the frame. I still have alot more to order from him and when money comes in it all goes to him. lol. As for the body I started shaving the firewall (almost done just a few more holes to fill. I have new rockers to install when I get everything sandblasted and primed and back on the frame. I plan on shaving the parking lights and gas fill. The drip rail will most likely stay put though. As for the door handles Im still making up my mind on those. Engine and tranny wise I thought about the 5.3 but since Ive basically said that money didnt matter on this one I will go with the 6.0 with the 4l80 trans. I plan on this thing riding about 4-5 inches of the ground and I want it to handle like a vet. I didnt take to many pics in the beginning but Ive tried to start taking more since Ive been back at it.
npc1 is offline   Reply With Quote