The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
4u2nv

posting video

How do you bring a video from u tube to here , I just can't seem to figure it out.
Too many brain cells injured over the years I guess.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: posting video

Me too! Talking about brain cells. And I'm no pro with computers. I do the internet on a laptop. The way I post videos from YouTube is have this site on one tab and YouTube on another. On YouTube I right click on the listed* video or it's text in the column*, options drop-down appears, I click on "copy link", go to this website and the post I am putting up, right click, get the drop-down again, click on "paste", and there it is... done! One additional tip is, to actually have the video show (picture of it) and not just a link, you need to backspace the 's' out of the 'https' out of the link. The * I put up on "listed" and "column" are because you need to do all this from the videos that are shown listed in the column, not the one that is up ready to view. Understand? You don't select the video to view. You have to do all this before you select it. It has to come from the column of videos coming up. Give it a try and if you still need help, let me know

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:14 AM   #3
Boog
laying low

I pause a video, then highlight the address bar, right click, then click copy of the address. In my reply I paste that addy link. Short n sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTcm2xMdWP0
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:11 PM   #4
4u2nv

Thanks men I will give it a try again
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:18 PM   #5
Bigdav160

No way to embed a video in a post?
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:42 AM   #6
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I pause a video, then highlight the address bar, right click, then click copy of the address. In my reply I paste that addy link. Short n sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTcm2xMdWP0

better than that, if you take out the "s" from https, it will autoplay. (if there is anything after the v=JTcm2xMdWP0 you have to remove it too)

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 07:36 AM   #7
Boog
laying low

Well your way/ my way works the same for me.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:07 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

So does mine, just different. And only four steps

1- right click

2- copy link

3- right click

4- paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywHH1xAwdn8

That's four steps chosing a video from the page already there. Of course, to find a specific video takes typing in a search or selecting it from save, subscribed, liked videos after going to your account. That's two to three steps there. Then comes the step to take the 's'; out of https. I just described my way more thoroughly. Might have made it seem like more to it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #9
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
So does mine, just different. And only four steps

1- right click

2- copy link

3- right click

4- paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywHH1xAwdn8

That's four steps chosing a video from the page already there. Of course, to find a specific video takes typing in a search or selecting it from save, subscribed, liked videos after going to your account. That's two to three steps there. Then comes the step to take the 's'; out of https. I just described my way more thoroughly. Might have made it seem like more to it
5- remove "s" in https

Old 01-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #10
Boog
laying low

Hmm. I don't remove the s. ?

Old 01-29-2022, 11:01 AM   #11
Boog
laying low

Let me try this.

Tim, now I see how yours come up the way they do by deleting the S. I've never done it that way.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:16 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
5- remove "s" in https
Correct, as I always do and explained in my first post. I was just showing Boog my method is also simple, and left the 's' in, same as he did. If you read that post you quoted you'll see I also mentioned it there as an added step.

Boog, your first post only shows the link on my computer. This last post shows the video

Tim

Old 01-29-2022, 12:21 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
No way to embed a video in a post?
Pretty sure the answer is no, not from your folders. That's why I opened a YouTube. Before Photobucket pirated my account, I could directly link from there.

Tim

Old 01-29-2022, 12:28 PM   #14
Boog
laying low

Yeah, I removed the S in that last one just to see how that works. The videos open just as quick either way. We're good.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:33 PM   #15
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Pretty sure the answer is no, not from your folders. That's why I opened a YouTube. Before Photobucket pirated my account, I could directly link from there.
That is what Bill Palf recently told me. We cannot post a video from our phone or folder on our pc but we can post a video link from any other website. Security wise, that just seems backasswards to me but that's how it is. I'm no teckie so what do I know.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:51 PM   #16
special-K
Special Order

I know what you mean about security concerns. That's one reason I'm glad to know about dropping the 's' to show the actual video and not just a link. I myself hesitate to open links here or anywhere. In my e-mail I always double check the e-mail address. If it's other than who the e-mail portrays to be, such as PayPal or whatever, I delete it and report it as phishing.

I was good friends with olblue60 for years. He always forwarded e-mails to me, jokes and such. Something happened where he stopped being a friend, haven't heard from him in a few years. Recently I've gotten two e-mails from him showing as him, an e-mail from my contacts. But between coming from out of the blue and being of different context, I don't trust them. They contain a link to hit with some vague message that doesn't tell me what it's about. I'd like to hear from him and patch up whatever kept him away, but I believe his account has been hacked. If he's still lurking here, I hope he sees this. Security is the only reason I ignore, even have reported, his e-mails`

Tim

Old 01-29-2022, 08:46 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

How can I get a video from a text on my phone to my laptop? Then I can put it on my YouTube channel and share it here. I only use the internet on my phone to search Google

Tim

Old 01-30-2022, 01:32 AM   #18
joedoh

Quote:
How can I get a video from a text on my phone to my laptop? Then I can put it on my YouTube channel and share it here. I only use the internet on my phone to search Google

apple stuff? air drop or import to photos. pc? import from device, plug it in, start photos, choose import and navigate to your phone, it may show as a usb device.

short video? email it. dont have email on your phone? get a gmail account, use your internet to open gmail on your phone, click the paperclip and find the video. then do the same on your pc, log into gmail, save video.

my wifes solution? text the video to her husband (me) and tell him (me) to do it all for her.

and sorry I didnt see you give the s tip up above, someone was still asking to embed video so I didnt think it had been answered!

Old 01-30-2022, 08:03 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

It's all good Mr. Doh (), and thanks for the info/tips. I had my B.I.L. e-mail the short clip since I could handle it from there.

I guess I'm part ignorant with this 'device' stuff and part funny about it... to those who except and use such things. I'm slow to except and feel spending time in the AM and PM at my laptop is as much involvement I care to have with this stuff. I finally got an Apple phone, I guess that's what it is. It's whatever my son uses. I might check this place out during the day when I have a lull, but don't care to post. I can wait till I get home. I have a thing about not wanting to have some device become the center of my life. I'm a natch'l bo'n man and prefer it that way. I do well with that and don't want my skills to degenerate. I'm not such a hardhead that I don't use the phone to search info I need to know. Might could wait till I get home, but I can give in and 'rely' on the mobile device at least that much. I also don't want to load it up with apps (even hate that word. Isn't it applications?) that run my battery down or wear it out prematurely. It's not replaceable. I need my battery to run my "phone" all day. It's still just a phone to me.

Also, here's the thing. I prefer to use other than Microsoft. I'm a go with the underdog/find the better lesser known type of guy. I don't like the whole big dog using their muscle thing. I am about freedom of enterprise. So, when I bought this laptop it came with Window10 and all Microsoft stuff. That means Bing for search and all, 100% Microsoft. When I go to install anything else it gets blocked because my computer is in Microsoft's 'S' mode. Some whole new BS they came up with that they scare you out of undoing and tell you once you leave you can't come back. F that! Bugs me to no end. I'll drop it, but don't know enough about this stuff to be sure I don't have a lapse in security protection. I always used Avast for security, which the USAF used at the time I learned about it, and feel McCafe is a virus in itself. I was using Firefox and Google for search. Now that I have a so-called smart phone I don't want to link to my 'puter till I get my 'puter set-up to my personal preferences, not with what I've been shoehorned into. By Microsoft. I keep getting bugged by them telling me I haven't completed setting it up. No, I haven't completed getting away from you!

Like I said, I'm kinda funny about things. Kind of like the American colonists vs England overlord thing. Maybe it's in my blood. I'm a son of the American Revolution!

Tim