The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
68Redhead

Figured I'd start my thread

Hi everyone, thought it was about time I'd start my build thread since I'm going to start adding the things I've acquired throughout year. The truck belonged to my grandfather for about 20 years and on Christmas Eve 2011, I was passing time about 11pm and searched the word "turbo" on craigslist and the guy my grandfather sold it to a couple years ago had posted the truck earlier that day. When my g-pa sold it, the place I was working at was shutting down or I was on unemployment so I didn't want it to get away again! I Went and looked at it on Christmas day, verified with my g-pa that he was the guy he sold it to and two weeks later I had the title in hand!

It's a '68 1/2 ton 327/th400 with heat, pb, and ps. It had a bedliner for 73-87 trucks that I took out. The pass. fender and pass. door where the door hinges attach needs a little work along with spots that my g-pa touched up inside the cab. It's not perfect but I'll do my best to keep it as long as I can and pass it on some day I've got a small stash of parts that need installed and I'm fairly uncertain on what all I want to do to truck.

I've got:
2" front springs
3" rear springs
1.25" front sway bar
hood and pass. door hinges
VH Coachworks Headlight harness
and a tailgate that I'm rattlecanning

I bought a '71 Chevelle when I was 15(had for 10 years now) so now I got something to bring a BBC home with!
68Redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
68Redhead

Re: Figured I'd start my thread

I'm going to get No Limit's panhard setup and rear shock relocators with either SoCal or Doetch hydraulic shocks. Which shocks would you guys recommend? I wont be autocrossing, just wanting a nice ride.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Tinkermc

several members here with grandpaws truck, so lucky!! Looks like a nice place to start
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
68Redhead

Gonna be getting a 5.3 from a coworker! Still looking for advice on shocks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
68Redhead

Brought this home yesterday! You'll have to excuse the lighting in the garage lol.. It's supposed to be a 5.3 so I pulled a plug and believe i seen the dished piston. It's a DBC with 862 heads. The harness was cut up when it was removed so if I keep the efi, which I'd really like to do, I'll have to buy a new harness. I'm also thinking of getting a 4l60e or 65 trans before it goes in.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
trashmanryan

Good looking project, 68 redhead!
Posted via Mobile Device
trashmanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
67c10rustbuket

Cool project, looks like a great start and the new engine will be great. Love that Chevelle also! Oh and Welcome to the forum fellow Okie! There are quite a few on here from the Tulsa are and good ol Mike (67Cheby) is just down the road from you in Siloam Springs AR.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
68Redhead

I've got my hands full for sure! Last week I ordered shocks, panhard, and relocators from No Limit so next paycheck I might have to get them installed. I started to attempt changing my rear springs myself but came to the realization I need a jack with a lot more lift, and for the price of one of those I could probably have this installed at a shop lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
68Redhead

Thanks Dan! Nice name, that's mine too lol!
Posted via Mobile Device