The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
71'4wdK10

1971 K10 Build Thread

Greetings! Im glad to be on the forum, been waiting a few weeks for approval. A little background on myself, Ive been doing auto restorations and collision repair work since 98'. Myself and the family have owned several C10's. I managed to get my hands on my one and only K10. I hope I can be of help to anyone and look forward to seeing guys looking at my pics as I build my truck up!
71'4wdK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
71'4wdK10

Re: 1971 K10 Build Thread

Heres what I know about the truck thus far.. The truck came out of PA from the original owner. The guy who owned the truck before me said the Tag office claimed the truck had never been tagged. The truck is a factory 350, 3 on the tree, 4WD with Dana 44's, long box with wood floor, factory tacometer, AM radio with seperate FM converter. Being a PA truck it has a small TON of rust lol... Im currently thinking about my plan of operation on the jewel. I usually put my cars on the rotissery, i know its spelled incorrectly, but I want to drive and enjoy this one at the same time. So ive decided to strip the roof down first and start from there. The last owner used PlastiKote spray paint on the roof to repaint it white. As a paint and body guy my recommendation is to "try" it into the trash can. It DOES NOT SIMPLY PEEL OFF, it even says so on the website. Its a rubbery finish that doesnt sand, grind off like traditionally. Ive peeled and used a razor blade to remove as much as possible so far. I plan to remove the cab marker lights over the week and remove the old seam sealer from the drip weld and start blasting the cab down to bare metal. See what I have under there. Ill keep you posted!
71'4wdK10 is offline   Reply With Quote